Considerations in setting up and conducting epidemiologic studies of cancer in middle- and low-income countries: the experience of a case–control study of inflammatory breast cancer in North Africa in the past 10 years
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Cancer Medicine published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 338–349, December 2012
How to Cite
Cancer Medicine 2012; 1(3): 338-349
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAR 2012
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: R25 CA112383
- AVON Foundation. Grant Number: N012091
- Office of International Affairs of the National Cancer Institute
- National Cancer Institute Intramural Research Program
- 111997. Epidemiologie des cancers en Tunisie. Registre de l'institut Salah Azaiz 1969–1985. Ministry of Health, Tunis, Tunisia..
- 13Association Lalla Salma de lutte contre le Cancer. 2007. Registre des Cancers de la Region du grand Casablanca: Annee 2004. Association Lalla Salma de lutte contre le Cancer, Morocco, Casablanca.
- 142009. Registre de Cancers Nord-Tunisie. Ministre de la Sante Publique Institut Salah Azaiez Institut National de la Sante Publique, Tunis, Tunisia., , and .
- 152007. Cancer in the Nile Delta region: a report from the Gharbiah Population-Based Cancer Registry, 2000–2002. Gharbiah Population-Based Cancer Registry, Tanta, Egypt.
- 162007. Cancer pathology registry 2003–2004 and time trend analysis. Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt., , and .
- 222006. Egypt demographic and health survey 2005. Ministry of Health and Population, National Population Council, El-Zanaty and Associates, and ORC Macro, Cairo, Egypt., and .
- 232007. Country reports on HNP and poverty: socio-economic differences in health, nutrition, and population. The World Bank, Washington, DC., , , , , and .
- 25United Nations, Economic Commission for Africa, Subregional Office for North Africa. 2005. Economic and social conditions in North Africa, part III: the economic participation of women in North Africa. UN, ECA, Addis Ababa.
- 26United Nations. Women's time-use in Morocco, 1997/98 national survey on women's time-budget. United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 45International Telecommunication Union, United Nations. December 2011. World telecommunication/ICT indicators database. Key 2000-2010 country data. Available at http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/ict/statistics/