These authors contributed equally to this work.
The role of inflamed adipose tissue in the insulin resistance
Article first published online: 23 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Cell Biochemistry and Function
Volume 28, Issue 8, pages 623–631, 2 December 2010
How to Cite
Torres-Leal, F. L., Fonseca-Alaniz, M. H., Rogero, M. M. and Tirapegui, J. (2010), The role of inflamed adipose tissue in the insulin resistance. Cell Biochem. Funct., 28: 623–631. doi: 10.1002/cbf.1706
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 23 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 15 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 7 APR 2010
- São Paulo State Research Foundation (FAPESP). Grant Numbers: 07/5196 4–9, 07/5929 1–3
- Tupy Neto
- adipose tissue;
- insulin resistance;
In this article, we discuss inflammation associated with adipose tissue dysfunction as a potential link with obesity-related insulin resistance, and how obesity-related inflammatory components, such as immune cells, cytokines/chemokines and adipocytokines, induce obesity-related pathologies. Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.