Conflict of interest: Amandeep S Thind, Nigel R Munce, and Brian K Courtney have significant ownership interest in Colibri Technologies. Brian H Li, Bradley H Strauss, F Stuart Foster, Victor XD Yang, and Alan Soong have modest ownership interest in Colibri Technologies. Amandeep S Thind, Nigel R Munce, F Stuart Foster, Victor XD Yang and Brian K Courtney have intellectual property rights associated with technology described in this manuscript. The hybrid imaging catheter, system and software described herein were developed by the authors while they were scientists, trainees and/or employees at Sunnybrook Research Institute. Intellectual property rights related to the imaging catheter and system have since been licensed to Colibri Technologies Inc, a medical device startup company. Colibri personnel made minor improvements to the image reconstruction software. Sunnybrook and Colibri personnel jointly contributed to the experimental design, data collection, data analysis and preparation of this manuscript. Alan Soong and Amandeep Thind are currently full-time employees at Colibri, while Brian Courtney is CEO and a director of Colibri Technologies, a visiting scientist at Sunnybrook Research Institute and an interventional cardiology fellow at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
Coronary Artery Disease
Hybrid intravascular ultrasound and optical coherence tomography catheter for imaging of coronary atherosclerosis
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 494–507, February 2013
How to Cite
Li, B. H., Leung, A. S.O., Soong, A., Munding, C. E., Lee, H., Thind, A. S., Munce, N. R., Wright, G. A., Rowsell, C. H., Yang, V. X.D., Strauss, B. H., Stuart Foster, F. and Courtney, B. K. (2013), Hybrid intravascular ultrasound and optical coherence tomography catheter for imaging of coronary atherosclerosis. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Intervent., 81: 494–507. doi: 10.1002/ccd.24295
- Issue online: 18 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2011
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Ontario Centres of Excellence
- BioDiscovery Toronto
- Ontario Research Fund
- Colibri Technologies Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.