Position statement by the Italian Society of Invasive Cardiology (SICI-GISE); Italian Stroke Association (ISA-AIS); Italian Association of Hospital Neurologists, Neuroradiologists, Neurosurgeons (SNO); Congenital Heart Disease Study Group of Italian Society Of Cardiology; Italian Association Of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO); Italian Society Of Pediatric Cardiology (SICP); Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography (SIEC); Italian Society of Hemostasis and Thrombosis (SISET)
E-ONLY: Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
Management of patients with patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke: A collaborative, multidisciplinary, position paper
Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
Volume 82, Issue 1, pages E38–E51, 1 July 2013
How to Cite
Pristipino, C., Anzola, G. P., Ballerini, L., Bartorelli, A., Cecconi, M., Chessa, M., Donti, A., Gaspardone, A., Neri, G., Onorato, E., Palareti, G., Rakar, S., Rigatelli, G., Santoro, G., Toni, D., Ussia, G. P., Violini, R., Italian Society of Invasive Cardiology (SICI-GISE), Italian Stroke Association (ISA-AIS), Italian Association of Hospital Neurologists, Neuroradiologists, Neurosurgeons (SNO), Congenital Heart Disease Study Group of Italian Society Of Cardiology, Italian Association Of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Italian Society Of Pediatric Cardiology (SICP), Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography (SIEC) and Italian Society of Hemostasis and Thrombosis (SISET) (2013), Management of patients with patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke: A collaborative, multidisciplinary, position paper. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Intervent., 82: E38–E51. doi: 10.1002/ccd.24637
Conflict of interest: Massimo Chessa has a proctorship contract with AGA medical, St Jude Medical, Gore, and Cardia. Andrea Donti has a proctorship contract with AGA medical. Achille Gaspardone has a proctorship contract with NMT Medical, Boston, MA (BioSTAR device) and is investigator of BRAVO (A PROSPECTIVE, MULTI-CENTRE, REGISTRY FOR EVALUATION OF THE BioSTAR® SEPTAL REPAIR IMPLANT FOR THE CLOSURE OF PATENT FORAMEN OVALE) Eustaquio Onorato is the principle investigator of INTUIRE (IN-TUNNEL PFO CLOSURE ITALIAN REGISTRY) concerning Coherex FlatStent EF (Coherex Medical) and has proctorship contract with Occlutech Italy. Gianluca Rigatelli has a consultant/proctor contract with St Jude Medical Italy Gennaro Santoro has a proctorship contract with AGA medical. Vittorio Ambrosini received honoraria for being a guest speaker in Occlutech sponsored symposia.
- Issue published online: 21 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 31 AUG 2012 03:44AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 APR 2012
- AGA medical Italy, St. Jude Medical Italy, Occlutech Italy, and Biosense Webster Italy
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.