Conflict of interest: The authors acknowledge the following financial interests in products/companies relevant to submitted manuscript: Consultancies with Cardiovascular Systems Inc. (St. Paul, MN): Tony Das, M.D., George Adams, M.D., Jihad Mustapha, M.D., Jeffrey Indes, M.D., Robert Vorhies, M.D., and Nilesh Doshi, M.D. No relevant financial interest: Robert Beasley, M.D.
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Technique optimization of orbital atherectomy in calcified peripheral lesions of the lower extremities
The CONFIRM series, a prospective multicenter registry
Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Authors. Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 115–122, 1 January 2014
How to Cite
Das, T., Mustapha, J., Indes, J., Vorhies, R., Beasley, R., Doshi, N. and Adams, G. L. (2014), Technique optimization of orbital atherectomy in calcified peripheral lesions of the lower extremities. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Intervent., 83: 115–122. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25046
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JUN 2013 07:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2013
- Cardiovascular Systems Inc., St. Paul, MN
- 3Recommended standards for reports dealing with lower extremity ischemia: Revised version. J Vasc Surg 1997:26;517–538., , , , , , .
- 4American Association for Vascular Surgery; Society for Vascular Surgery; Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions; Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology; Society of Interventional Radiology; ACC/AHA Task Force on Practice Guidelines; American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation; National Heart, Lung; Blood Institute; Society for Vascular Nursing; TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus; Vascular Disease Foundation. ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease (lower extremity, renal, mesenteric, and abdominal aortic): executive summary a collaborative report from the American Association for Vascular Surgery/Society for Vascular Surgery, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, Society of Interventional Radiology, and the ACC/AHA Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Peripheral Arterial Disease) endorsed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; Society for Vascular Nursing; TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus; and Vascular Disease Foundation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006:47;1239–1312., , , , MA, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , CD, , , , , , , , , , , , ;
- 5Angiography underestimates peripheral atherosclerosis: Lumenography revisited. J Endovasc Ther 2008:15;117–125., , , , , , .
- 6Contribution of localized calcium deposits to dissection after angioplasty. An observational study using intravascular ultrasound. Circulation 1992:86;64–70., , .
- 7Comparison of orbital atherectomy plus balloon angioplasty vs. balloon angioplasty alone in patients with critical limb ischemia: Results of the CALCIUM 360 randomized pilot trial. J Endovasc Ther 2012:19;480–488., , , , , , , .
- 8Use of orbital atherectomy treatment in a high-volume clinical practice modifies non-compliant plaque to deliver durable long-term results. J Invasive Cardiol 2013;25:85–88..
- 9Endovascular Treatment of infrapopliteal arterial disease with orbital atherectomy. Endovasc Today 2013. accepted for publication (May)., , , .
- 10Preventing lower extremity distal embolization using embolic filter protection: Results of the PROTECT registry. J Endovasc Ther 2008:15;270–276., , , , , .
- 11Turbohawk Instructions for Use 501085-001A Jan/12.
- 12Silverhawk Instructions for Use P/N LS 10400, Rev. A; LS 10776-A.
- 13SpiderFX Instructions for Use 501113-001 Feb/12.