Conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
E-ONLY: Coronary Artery Disease
Delayed perforation after percutaneous coronary intervention: Rare and potentially lethal
Article first published online: 4 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages E45–E50, 1 January 2014
How to Cite
Stathopoulos, I. A., Kossidas, K. and Garratt, K. N. (2014), Delayed perforation after percutaneous coronary intervention: Rare and potentially lethal. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Intervent., 83: E45–E50. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25121
- Issue published online: 18 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 JUL 2013 09:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUN 2013
- 7The changing pattern of coronary perforation during percutaneous coronary intervention in the new device era. J Invasive Cardiol 2004;16:257–301., , , , .
- 11Outcomes of patients with coronary artery perforation complicating percutaneous coronary intervention and correlations with the type of adjunctive antithrombotic therapy: Pooled analysis from REPLACE-2, ACUITY, and HORIZONS-AMI trials. J Interv Cardiol 2009;22:453–459. Epub 2009 Aug 20., , , , , , , , , , .
- 16Coronary artery perforation by intracoronary guide wires: Risk factors and clinical outcomes. Rev Esp Cardiol 2010;63:730–734., , , , , , .
- 19Unusual case of coronary perforation which developed delayed cardiac tamponade due to collateral flow from contralateral coronary artery. Cardiovasc Interv Ther 2012;27:205–209. Epub 2012 Jun 19., , .
- 23Delayed perforation of coronary artery after percutaneous coronary intervention of left main bifurcation lesion using two stents. Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2012;5:e26–e27., , .
- 24Catastrophic coronary stent fracture and coronary perforation presenting as cardiogenic shock: A rare but fatal late complication of stenting. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2008;1:e7–e8., , , , , , , .
- 26Morice MC. Delayed and recurrent cardiac tamponade following distal coronary perforation of hydrophilic guidewires during coronary intervention. J Invasive Cardiol 2008;20:E150–E153., , , , ,