Reversal of experimental paralysis in a human by intranasal neostigmine aerosol suggests a novel approach to the early treatment of neurotoxic envenomation
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Clinical Case Reports published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Clinical Case Reports
Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 7–15, October 2013
How to Cite
Clinical Case Reports 2013; 1(1): 7–15
- Issue published online: 25 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 2013
- California Academy of Sciences
- 61935. Case showing the Effect of Prostigmin on Myasthenia Gravis. Proc. R. Soc. Med. 28:759–761.
- 71938. Myasthenia Gravis: a Case in which Fatigue of the Forearm Muscles could induce Paralysis of the Extra-ocular Muscles. Proc. R. Soc. Med. 31:722.
- 81946. The treatment of myasthenia gravis. Med. Press 216:81–84..
- 15WHO. 2010. Guidelines for the management of snake-bites in Southeast Asia. p. 106–107.
- 162012. Snake bite: a neglected problem in twenty-first century India. Natl Med. J. India 24:321–324.
- 17WHO. 2010. Guidelines for the Prevention and Clinical Management of Snakebite in Africa. World Health Organization, Brazzaville, Congo, Pp. 87–88.
- 282013. Effectiveness of Rapid Transport of Victims and Community Health Education on Snake Bite Fatalities in Rural Nepal. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 00., , , , , and
- 342002. Venomous and Poisonous Animals. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida. 339 p..
- 392010. Role of neostigmine and polyvalent antivenom in Indian common krait (Bungarus caeruleus) bite. J. Infect. Prev. 3:83–87., , , , , and .
- 401996. K-neurotoxins and alpha-neurotoxins: Effect on neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. pp. 233–258 in A. Harvey, ed. Snake Toxins. Pergamon press, New York..
- 442012. Sex-related differences in the relationship between acceleromyographic adductor pollicis train-of-four ratio and clinical manifestations of residual neuromuscular block: a study in healthy volunteers during near steady-state infusion of mivacurium. Br. J. Anaesth. 108:444–451., , , , and .
- 451993. Intranasal versus intravenous neostigmine in myasthenia gravis: assessment by computer analysis of saccadic eye movements. Clin. Neuropharmacol. 16:511–517., , , , and .
- 46Student's t-Test Calculator.
- 472010. Residual neuromuscular block: lessons unlearned. Part II: methods to reduce the risk of residual weakness. Anesth. Analg. 111:129–140., and .
- 482007. A milestone change in practice: a call for widespread application of intranasal medication delivery in the prehospital environment. Emerg. Med. Serv. 36: 40–41, 43-46, 48-49 passim..