Sitagliptin-induced pancreatitis – a longer road than expected
Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Clinical Case Reports published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Clinical Case Reports
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 149–152, August 2014
How to Cite
Clinical Case Reports 2014; 2(4): 149–152
- Issue online: 14 AUG 2014
- Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 26 JAN 2014
- 12012. Chapter 344. Diabetes mellitus. In A. S. Fauci, D. L. Kasper, J. L. Jameson, D. L. Longo and S. L. Hauser, eds. Harrison's principles of internal medicine. 18th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY. Available at http://www.accesspharmacy.com/content.aspx?aID=9141196 (accessed 8 August 8 2013)..
- 22011. Chapter 83. Diabetes mellitus. In J. T. DiPiro, R. L. Talbert, G. C. Yee, G. R. Matzke, B. G. Wells and L. M. Posey, eds. Pharmacotherapy: a pathophysiologic approach. 8th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY. Available at http://www.accesspharmacy.com/content.aspx?aID=7990956 (accessed August 8, 2013)., and .
- 32013. Acute necrotizing pancreatitis associated with vildagliptin. JOP 14:81–84., , , and .
- 42012. Case report of acute necrotizing pancreatitis associated with combination treatment of sitagliptin and exenatide. Endocr. Pract. 18:e10–e13., , , , and .
- 62012. Mild acute pancreatitis with vildagliptin use. Indian J. Endocrinol. Metab. 16(Suppl. 2):S480–S482., , and .
- 72011. Vildagliptin-induced acute pancreatitis. Endocr. Pract. 17:e48–e50., and .
- 82013. A case of severe acute necrotizing pancreatitis after administration of sitagliptin. Clin. Med. Insights Case Rep. 6:23–27., , , , and .
- 9U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, U.S. Food & Drug Administration. 2009. Information for healthcare professionals—acute pancreatitis and sitagliptin (marketed as Januvia and Janumet). Available at http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm183764.htm (accessed 8 August 2013).
- 11Institute for Safe Medication Practices. 2013. Perspectives on GLP-1 agents for diabetes. Available at www.ismp.org/QuarterWatch/pdfs/2012Q3.pdf (accessed April 18, 2013).
- 192013. Studies in rodents with the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin to evaluate possible drug-induced pancreatic histological changes that are predictive of pancreatitis and cancer development in man. Diabetes Obes. Metab. 15:72–76., , , , , , et al.