Game Changers of the C3 Value Chain: Gas, Coal, and Biotechnologies
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Chemical Engineering & Technology
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 83–90, January, 2013
How to Cite
Ding, J. and Hua, W. (2013), Game Changers of the C3 Value Chain: Gas, Coal, and Biotechnologies. Chem. Eng. Technol., 36: 83–90. doi: 10.1002/ceat.201200297
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAY 2012
- 1E. Glatzer, World Petrochemical Conference, Houston, TX, March 2011.
- 2B. Wang, China Petroleum and Chemical International Conference, Tianjin, China, September 2011.
- 4T. Werpy, G. Petersen, Top Value Added Chemicals from Biomass: Volume I – Results of Screening for Potential Candidates from Sugars and Synthesis Gas, U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, TN 2004.
- 5Y. Zhang, 7th Coal Industry Science and Technology Conference, Beijing, China, April 2011.
- 6Chem. Ind. Eng. Prog. 2011, 30, 134 (in Chinese)., , , , , , ,
- 7Y. He, in People's Daily, Beijing, China, June 2010. http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2010/06/03/5064250.html (March 03, 2012).
- 8M. Zhang, D. Chen, F. Kong, Chem. Eng. Manage. 2011, January, 44 (in Chinese).
- 9A. Jagger, Singapore's Eurochem Delays Nigeria Olefins Project – UOP, January 2011. www.icis.com/Articles/2011/01/19/9427187/singapores-eurochem-delays-nigeria-olefins-project-uop.html (January 12, 2012).
- 12K. R. Krishnamurthy, 10th Orientation Course in Catalysis for Research Scholars, Chennai, December 2009.
- 13CB&I, Lummus Technology & CB&I Company, Olefins Conversion Technology. www.cbi.com/images/uploads/tech_sheets/Olefins-12.pdf (January 24, 2012).
- 15H.-D. Hahn, D. Georg, N. Rupprich, in Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry (Ed: J. E. Bailey), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim 2005.
- 17Gevo Inc. and Investor Day, New York, NY, September 2011.
- 18J. Lane, Gevo's Progress: The 10-Minute Update, May 2012. www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2012/05/28/gevos-progress-the-10-minute-update/ (May 29, 2012).
- 19D. de Guzman, China's Cathay Biotech Plans Biobutanol Expansion, September 2010. www.icis.com/Articles/2010/09/10/9392654/chinas-cathay-biotech-plans-biobutanol-expansion.html (April 16, 2012).
- 20T. Ohara, T. Sato, N. Shimizu, G. Prescher, H. Schwind, O. Weiberg, K. Marten, H. Greim, in Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2011.
- 21J. S. F. Barrett, F. Srienc, in Biocatalysis for Green Chemistry and Chemical Process Development (Eds: J. Tao, R. J. Kazlauskas), John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ 2011.
- 22D. de Guzman, Dow Enters Bio-Acrylic Acid with OPXBIO, April 2011. www.icis.com/blogs/green-chemicals/2011/04/dow-enters-bio-acrylic-acid-wi.html (April 6, 2012).
- 23T. Schäfer, The Potential Future Impact of Biotech on the Chemical Industry. Conversion of Renewable Feedstocks to Chemicals: Technical and Economical Perspectives from the View of a Biotechnology Player, April 2009. www.ics.trieste.it/media/139555/df6295.pdf (March 15, 2012).
- 24J. Kurian, R. Milby, R. Miller, in Proc. of the Global Plastics Environmental Conf. (Ed: A. Blanco), Society of Plastics Engineers, Newtown, CT 2005.
- 27J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 1956, 33 (11), 575.,
- 28Biofueldigest, Argentine Biodiesel Exports Rocket up 58 % in Value in 2011, 2011. www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2012/01/11/argentine-biodiesel-exports-rocket-up-58-in-value-in-2011/ (March 20, 2012).
- 29NExBTL Renewable Synthetic Diesel, 2006. www.climatechange.ca.gov/events/2006-06-27+28_symposium/presentations/CalHodge_handout_NESTE_OIL.PDF (January 16, 2012).
- 30Biofuels Technol. 2008, 4, 7., , , ,
- 31HVO Production Plant in Rotterdam, 2012. www.netzwerk-biotreibstoffe.at/news/view/164 (April 6, 2012).
- 32D. de Guzman, ADM's Glycerin-Based PG Onstream, May 2011. www.icis.com/blogs/green-chemicals/2011/05/adms-glycerin-based-pg-onstrea.html (April 2, 2012).
- 33D. de Guzman, Growing Glycerine-to-ECH Plants, January 2011. www.icis.com/blogs/green-chemicals/2011/01/growing-glycerine-to-ech-plant.html (April 6, 2012).
- 34D. de Guzman, Oleochemicals: Low Glycerin Price Drives New Uses, August 2010. www.icis.com/Articles/2010/08/16/9385169/oleochemicals-low-glycerin-price-drives-new-uses.html (January 12, 2012)