Fluorescent Diarylindoles by Palladium-Catalyzed Direct and Decarboxylative Arylations of Carboxyindoles
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2009 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Chemistry - A European Journal
Volume 15, Issue 15, pages 3674–3677, April 6, 2009
How to Cite
Miyasaka, M., Fukushima, A., Satoh, T., Hirano, K. and Miura, M. (2009), Fluorescent Diarylindoles by Palladium-Catalyzed Direct and Decarboxylative Arylations of Carboxyindoles. Chem. Eur. J., 15: 3674–3677. doi: 10.1002/chem.200900098
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 14 JAN 2009
- Grants-in-Aid from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Japan
- 1For selected reviews:
- 4bOrganic Light-Emitting Devices— Synthesis Properties and Applications (Eds.: K. Müllen, U. Scherf), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2006.
- 6aMetal-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions, 2nd ed. (Eds.: A. de Meijere, F. Diederich), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2004;
- 6bPalladium Reagents and Catalysts, 2nd ed., Wiley, New York, 2004;,
- 6ccross-coupling reactions: Top. Curr. Chem. 2002 219, edited by N. Miyaura.
- 7Recent reviews:
- 9Recent work:
- 13The ortho-arylation of benzoic acids:
- 14Decarboxylative ipso-arylation:
- 15During the preparation of this manuscript, an efficient blue emitter involving an indole unit was reported by Shimizu, Mochida, and Hiyama.
- 16Related to this is our approach to fluorescent condensed aromatics by catalytic direct coupling with alkynes: Angew. Chem. 2008, 120, 4083; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 4019., , , ,
- 17CCDC-713262 (3 d) contains the supplementary crystallographic data for this paper. These data can be obtained free of charge from The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre via www.ccdc.cam. ac.uk/data_request/cif See also the Supporting Information. Albeit not high crystallinity, it is obvious that there is no interactive pile between the indole planes.