The selective α-CH bond activation of tetrahydrofuran by a cationic dialkyl zirconium complex in the presence of organosilane gave a stable α-tetrahydrofuranyl complex without any evidence for ring opening or other degradation reactions. Kinetic studies and DFT calculations suggest the intermediate formation of a cationic silyl zirconium complex.
Selective α-Metalation of THF by a Cationic Zirconium Complex Supported by an (NNNN)-Type Macrocyclic Ligand†
Article first published online: 10 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Chemistry - A European Journal
Volume 19, Issue 29, pages 9468–9471, July 15, 2013
How to Cite
Kulinna, H., Spaniol, T. P., Maron, L. and Okuda, J. (2013), Selective α-Metalation of THF by a Cationic Zirconium Complex Supported by an (NNNN)-Type Macrocyclic Ligand. Chem. Eur. J., 19: 9468–9471. doi: 10.1002/chem.201301202
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 10 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAR 2013
- Fonds der Chemischen Industrie
- Cluster of Excellence “Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass”
- Institut Universitaire de France
- Calmip and CINES
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!