Knowledge translation and interprofessional collaboration: Where the rubber of evidence-based care hits the road of teamwork
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 46–54, Winter 2006
How to Cite
Zwarenstein, M. and Reeves, S. (2006), Knowledge translation and interprofessional collaboration: Where the rubber of evidence-based care hits the road of teamwork. J. Contin. Educ. Health Prof., 26: 46–54. doi: 10.1002/chp.50
- Issue published online: 23 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 23 MAR 2006
- 2.Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Knowledge translation strategy 2004—2009: Innovation in action. Ottawa, Ontario: Canadian Institutes of Health Research, 2004. Available at: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/26574.html. Accessed Feb. 17, 2006.
- 11.Thinking teams thinking clients: Issues of discourse and representation in the work of health care teams. Sociol Health Illness 1997; 19:259–280..
- 12.Professionalization and socialization in interprofessional collaboration. In: CastoM, JuliaM, eds. Interprofessional care and collaborative practice. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole, 1994..
- 13.Power in the caring professions. London: Macmillan, 1991..
- 14.Are teamwork and professional autonomy compatible, and do they result in improved hospital care? Qual Health Care 2001; 10:S32–S37., , .
- 15.To err is human: building a safer health system. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2000., , .
- 16.Health Canada. First Ministers' accord on health care renewal. Ottawa, Ontario: Health Canada, 2003.
- 17.Working together but apart: Barriers and routes to nurse-physician collaboration. Jt Comm J Qual Improv 2002; 28(5):242–247., .
- 18.Interprofessional education: today, yesterday and tomorrow. London: Learning and Support Network: Centre for Health Sciences and Practice, 2002..
- 19.Effective interprofessional education: Assumption, argument and evidence. London: Blackwell, 2005., , , , .
- 22.Education: Effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001; (1):CD002213., , , , , .
- 23.A critical review of evaluations of interprofessional education. London, UK: Learning and Support Network: Centre for Health Sciences and Practice, 2002., , , , .
- 24.Teamworking in primary health care: A review of its effectiveness. London: Health Education Authority, 1996., .
- 26.The effectiveness of health care teams in the National Health Service. Birmingham, UK: University of Aston, 2001., , , , , , et al.
- 29.Opening the black box: An encounter in the corridors of health service research. In: MaysN, PopeC, eds. Qualitative research in health care. London: British Medical Association, 1996., .