The following are the major points of this review:
Aerobic granulation for wastewater bioremediation: A review†
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering
The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 91, Issue 6, pages 1045–1058, June 2013
How to Cite
Khan, M. Z., Mondal, P. K. and Sabir, S. (2013), Aerobic granulation for wastewater bioremediation: A review. Can. J. Chem. Eng., 91: 1045–1058. doi: 10.1002/cjce.21729
1. Both mixed and pure cultures can be used for cultivating aerobic granules. Generally, mixed culture is employed for degrading a mixture of toxic compounds, and pure culture is useful for degrading a specific toxicant.
2. Aerobic granules are used to treat wastewater containing higher organic loading rates as well as fluctuations in organic loading rates.
3. There is a strong contradiction regarding the effect of DO, HRT and the starvation period on biogranulation.
4. Further research is needed to explore the feasibility of using stored granule as inoculums for rapid startup.
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!