The efficiency of fibrous aerosol filters: Deposition by diffusion of particles of finite diameter
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2011
Copyright © 1960 Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering
The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 38, Issue 6, pages 212–213, December 1960
How to Cite
Pasceri, R. E. and Friedlander, S. K. (1960), The efficiency of fibrous aerosol filters: Deposition by diffusion of particles of finite diameter. Can. J. Chem. Eng., 38: 212–213. doi: 10.1002/cjce.5450380607
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUL 1960
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 1960
- U.S. Public Health Service. Grant Number: S-85 (C1) and A.E.C. Contract AT (30-1)-2165.
A brief review is given of the derivation of a semi-theoretical expression for the filtration efficiency of fibrous aerosol filters operated at low velocities. The correlation is compared with new data taken from the literature and is presented in a simplified form for design calculations. The existence of a minimum filtration efficiency is discussed and theory and data are compared.