Synthesis of (±)-Bakuchiol via a Pot-Economy Approach
Version of Record online: 22 APR 2014
Copyright © 2014 SIOC, CAS, Shanghai & WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Chinese Journal of Chemistry
Special Issue: Dedicated to Professor Chengye Yuan and Professor Li-Xin Dai on the occasion of their 90th birthdays (I).
Volume 32, Issue 8, pages 715–720, August, 2014
How to Cite
Huang, M.-Y., Chen, L., Li, R., Jia, X. and Hong, R. (2014), Synthesis of (±)-Bakuchiol via a Pot-Economy Approach. Chin. J. Chem., 32: 715–720. doi: 10.1002/cjoc.201400160
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2014
- Version of Record online: 22 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2014
- the National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 21272147
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- quaternary carbon
A rapid synthetic route toward (±)-Bakuchiol is presented in 29% overall yield. After the sole all-carbon quaternary carbon center is created via allylboration of 2-aryl acetaldehyde, a "Pot-Economy" approach including mesylation, elimination, and desilylation was realized in the presence of tBuOK under ambient temperature to provide (±)-Bakuchiol.