Missed Opportunities in the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction in the Arab Middle East: Patient and Physician Impediments
Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 33, Issue 9, pages 565–571, September 2010
How to Cite
Al-Mallah, M. H., Alsheikh-Ali, A. A., Almahmeed, W., Sulaiman, K., Al Suwaidi, J., Ridha, M., Al-Motarreb, A., Alenezi, F. and Zubaid, M. (2010), Missed Opportunities in the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction in the Arab Middle East: Patient and Physician Impediments. Clin Cardiol, 33: 565–571. doi: 10.1002/clc.20802
- Issue online: 9 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 23 NOV 2009
- 1Indications for fibrinolytic therapy in suspected acute myocardial infarction: collaborative overview of early mortality and major morbidity results from all randomised trials of more than 1000 patients. Fibrinolytic Therapy Trialists' (FTT) Collaborative Group [published correction appears in Lancet. 1994;343:742]. Lancet 1994; 343: 311–322.
- 4Reperfusion therapy in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in the Veteran Administration Caribbean Healthcare System: search for improvement. Bol Asoc Med P R 2008; 100: 5–17.
- 14Trends in reperfusion strategies, door-to-needle and door-to-balloon times, and in-hospital mortality among patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction enrolled in the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction from 1990 to 2006. Am Heart J 2008; 156: 1035–1044., , , et al.
- 15Implications of the failure to identify high-risk electrocardiogram findings for the quality of care of patients with acute myocardial infarction: results of the Emergency Department Quality in Myocardial Infarction (EDQMI) study. Circulation 2006; 114: 1565–1571., , , et al.
- 18American College of Cardiology key data elements and definitions for measuring the clinical management and outcomes of patients with acute coronary syndromes: a report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Clinical Data Standards (Acute Coronary Syndromes Writing Committee). J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 38: 2114–2130., , , et al.
- 20Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemen#Economy. Accessed April 18, 2010.