Renin Inhibitors in Chronic Heart Failure: The Aliskiren Observation of Heart Failure Treatment Study in Context
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 33, Issue 9, pages 536–541, September 2010
How to Cite
Krum, H. and Maggioni, A. (2010), Renin Inhibitors in Chronic Heart Failure: The Aliskiren Observation of Heart Failure Treatment Study in Context. Clin Cardiol, 33: 536–541. doi: 10.1002/clc.20828
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAY 2010
- 9Plasma renin activity is an independent prognostic factor in chronic heart failure. Eur Heart J 2008; 29((suppl):): 393. Abstract., , , et al.
- 14The direct renin inhibitor, aliskiren, improves cardiac function via direct renin inhibition and via renin receptor modulation in a rodent model of diabetic diastolic heart failure. Circulation 2008; 118: S1166–Abstract 6248., , , et al.
- 18ASPIRE Study results. Paper presented at: American College of Cardiology 59th Scientific Sessions; March 16, 2010; Atlanta, GA.
- 19Timing of eplerenone initiation and outcomes in patients with heart failure after acute myocardial infarction complicated by left ventricular systolic dysfunction: insights from the EPHESUS trial. Eur J Heart Fail 2009; 11: 1099–1105., , , et al; EPHESUS Investigators.
- 20Efficacy and Safety of Aliskiren and Aliskiren/Enalapril Com- bination on Morbi-mortality in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure (ATMOSPHERE). Identifier: NCT00853658. http://www. clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed May 20, 2010.