2011 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Updating the 2007 Guideline): Highlights for the Clinician
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 3–8, January 2012
How to Cite
Wenger, N. K. (2012), 2011 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Updating the 2007 Guideline): Highlights for the Clinician. Clin Cardiol, 35: 3–8. doi: 10.1002/clc.20964
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 JUN 2011
- 12011 ACCF/AHA focused update of the Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (updating the 2007 guideline): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines developed in collaboration with the American College of Emergency Physicians, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:1920–1959., , , et al.
- 6Double-dose versus standard-dose clopidogrel and high-dose versus low-dose aspirin in individuals undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for acute coronary syndromes (CURRENT-OASIS 7): a randomised factorial trial. Lancet. 2010;376:1233–1243., , , et al.
- 9American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents, American Heart Association, Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, et al. ACCF/AHA clopidogrel clinical alert: approaches to the FDA “boxed warning” : a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56: 321–341.
- 13ACCF/ACG/AHA 2010 expert consensus document on the concomitant use of proton pump inhibitors and thienopyridines: a focused update of the ACCF/ACG/AHA 2008 expert consensus document on reducing the gastrointestinal risks of antiplatelet therapy and NSAID use. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56:2051–2066., , , et al.
- 172009 focused updates: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (updating the 2004 guideline and 2007 focused update) and ACC/AHA/SCAI guidelines on percutaneous coronary intervention (updating the 2005 guideline and 2007 focused update): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54: 2205–2241., , , et al.
- 20Glycometabolic state at admission: important risk marker of mortality in conventionally treated patients with diabetes mellitus and acute myocardial infarction: long-term results from the Diabetes and Insulin-Glucose Infusion in Acute Myocardial Infarction (DIGAMI) study. Circulation. 1999;99:2626–2632., , , et al.
- 25Use of evidence-based therapies in short-term outcomes of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in patients with chronic kidney disease: a report from the National Cardiovascular Data Acute Coronary Treatment and Intervention Outcomes Network registry. Circulation. 2010;121:357–365., , , et al.
- 30Influence of renal function on the effects of early revascularization in non–ST-elevation myocardial infarction: data from the Swedish Web-System for Enhancement and Development of Evidence-Based Care in Heart Disease Evaluated According to Recommended Therapies (SWEDEHEART). Circulation. 2009;120:851–858., , , et al.
- 31ACC/AHA 2008 performance measures for adults with ST-elevation and non–ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures (Writing Committee to Develop Performance Measures for ST-Elevation and Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction). Circulation. 2008;118:2596–2648., , , et al.
- 32American Heart Association. Get With the Guidelines. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1165. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- 33National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Action RegistryGWTG. http://www.ncdr.com/webncdr/ACTION/Default.aspx. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- 34QualityNet.com. Measure Comparison (Inpatient Hospital Quality Measures). http://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier3&cid=1138900298473. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- 35The Joint Commission. Acute Myocardial Infarction Core Measure Set. http://wwwjointcommission.org/PerformanceMeasurement/Acute+Myocardial+Infarction+Core+Measure_Set.htm. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- 37Brilinta (ticagrelor) [package insert]. Wilmington, DE: AstraZeneca. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/022433s000lbl.pdf.