Can We Predict Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation?
Article first published online: 13 JAN 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Supplement: Atrial Fibrillation–Predicting Its Course
Volume 35, Issue S1, pages S21–S27, January 2012
How to Cite
Lip, G. Y.H. (2012), Can We Predict Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation?. Clin Cardiol, 35: S21–S27. doi: 10.1002/clc.20969
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 13 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUL 2011
- 7.Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation Investigators. A differential effect of aspirin in prevention of stroke on atrial fibrillation. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 1993;3:181–188.
- 12.ACTIVE Writing Group of the ACTIVE Investigators, , , et al. Clopidogrel plus aspirin versus oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in the Atrial fibrillation Clopidogrel Trial with Irbesartan for prevention of Vascular Events (ACTIVE W): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2006;367:1903–1912.
- 15.A 12-year follow-up study of patients with newly-diagnosed lone atrial fibrillation: implications of arrhythmia progression on prognosis: the Belgrade Atrial Fibrillation Study. Chest. (in press)., , , et al.
- 19.Risk factors for stroke and thromboembolism in relation to age amongst patients with atrial fibrillation: the Loire Valley Atrial Fibrillation Project. Chest. (in press)., , , et al.
- 34.on behalf of the Birmingham Atrial Fibrillation in the Aged (BAFTA) investigators and Midland Research Practices Consortium (MidReC) network. Performance of stroke risk scores in older people with atrial fibrillation not taking warfarin: comparative cohort study from BAFTA trial. BMJ. 2011;342:d3653., , , et al.;
- 36.Guideline Development Group for the NICE National Clinical Guideline for Management of Atrial Fibrillation in Primary and Secondary Care. Risk factors for anticoagulation-related bleeding complications in patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review. QJM. 2007;100:599–607., ;
- 40.Comparative validation of a novel risk score for predicting bleeding risk in anticoagulated patients with atrial fibrillation: the HAS-BLED (Hypertension, Abnormal Renal/Liver Function, Stroke, Bleeding History or Predisposition, Labile INR, Elderly, Drugs/Alcohol Concomitantly) score. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:173–180., , , et al.