Quality Measurement as a Prerequisite for Improving Hypertension Control in an Academic Medical Center
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 14–20, January 2012
How to Cite
Syrrokosta, F. E., Lampropoulos, K. M., Papargyriou, I. and Papadogiannis, D. (2012), Quality Measurement as a Prerequisite for Improving Hypertension Control in an Academic Medical Center. Clin Cardiol, 35: 14–20. doi: 10.1002/clc.21000
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 11 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUN 2011
- 1Quality Improvement. Principles and models for quality improvement Primary Care Medicine. Oxford: 2004: 459–464.,
- 2Measurement and improvement of quality of cardiovascular care. In: , , , et al, eds. Braunwald′s HeartDisease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2005:35–42.
- 4Challenges and opportunities in quantifying the quality of care for acute myocardial infarction: summary from the Acute Myocardial Infarction Working Group of the American Heart Association/ American College of Cardiology First Scientific Forum of Quality of Care and Outcomes Research in Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke. Circulation. 2003;107:1681–1691.
- 5Quality Assurance for Family Doctors.Report of the Quality Assurance Working Party of the World Organization of Family Doctors. Jolimont, Australia: WONCA, 1992., ,
- 7National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2001 summary. Adv Data. 2003;337:1–44., ,
- 16Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285: 2486–2497.
- 17Division of Mental Health, World Health Organization. Field Trial WHOQOL-100. Facet Definitions and Questions. February 1995. http://www.who.int/mental_health/who_qol_field_trial_1995.pdf.
- 18Manual of Quality of Life Based on WHOQOL-100. Psychiatric Clinic, Aiginiteio hospital, University of Athens Greece, BHTA medical arts Athens 2003;8–48., , , ,
- 29National Committee for Quality Assurance. The health plan employer data and information set (HEDIS). Available at: http://www.ncqa.org/tabid/59/Default.aspx. Accessed November 15, 2003.