Lack of Association Between Electronic Health Record Systems and Improvement in Use of Evidence-Based Heart Failure Therapies in Outpatient Cardiology Practices
Article first published online: 10 FEB 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Special Issue: Focus Issue: Women and Heart Disease
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 187–196, March 2012
How to Cite
Walsh, M. N., Albert, N. M., Curtis, A. B., Gheorghiade, M., Heywood, J. T., Liu, Y., Mehra, M. R., O'Connor, C. M., Reynolds, D., Yancy, C. W. and Fonarow, G. C. (2012), Lack of Association Between Electronic Health Record Systems and Improvement in Use of Evidence-Based Heart Failure Therapies in Outpatient Cardiology Practices. Clin Cardiol, 35: 187–196. doi: 10.1002/clc.21971
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 10 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 28 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 6 SEP 2011
- 1.Health information technology—results from a roundtable discussion. J Manag Care Pharm. 2009;15(1 suppl A):S10–S17., , , et al.
- 3.Committee on Improving the Patient Record, Institute of Medicine. The Computer-Based PatientRecord: An Essential Technology for Health Care, Revised Edition. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1997., , , eds;
- 4.Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
- 16.ACC/AHA clinical performance measures for adults with chronic heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures (Writing Committee to Develop Heart Failure Clinical Performance Measures): endorsed by the Heart Failure Society of America. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;46:1144–1178., , , et al.
- 18.2010. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/emr_ehr_09/emr_ehr_09.htm. Accessed March 2011., , , et al. Electronic medical record/ electronic health record systems of office-based physicians: United States, 2009 and preliminary 2010 state estimates. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Health Statistics;