Comparison Between Zofenopril and Ramipril in Combination With Acetylsalicylic Acid in Patients With Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction After Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multicenter, European Study (SMILE-4)
Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 7, pages 416–423, July 2012
How to Cite
Borghi, C., Ambrosioni, E., Novo, S., Vinereanu, D., Ambrosio, G. and on behalf of the SMILE-4 Working Party (2012), Comparison Between Zofenopril and Ramipril in Combination With Acetylsalicylic Acid in Patients With Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction After Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Multicenter, European Study (SMILE-4). Clin Cardiol, 35: 416–423. doi: 10.1002/clc.22017
- Issue online: 2 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 27 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2012
- 11.Pretreatment with ramiprilat induces cardioprotection against free radical injury in guinea-pig isolated heart: involvement of bradykinin, protein kinase C and prostaglandins. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2000;27:257–262.,
- 13.ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines (CPG). ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). Eur Heart J. 2008;29:2388–2442., , , et al.;
- 14.American College of Cardiology Foundation; American Heart Association. 2009 Focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2005 Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure in Adults A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines Developed in Collaboration With the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:e1–e90., , , et al.
- 15.The effect of the angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor zofenopril on mortality and morbidity after anterior myocardial infarction. The Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-Term Evaluation (SMILE) Study Investigators. N Engl J Med. 1995;332:80–85., ,
- 17.Clopidogrel in Unstable angina to prevent Recurrent Events (CURE) Trial Investigators. Effects of aspirin dose when used alone or in combination with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes: observations from the Clopidogrel in Unstable angina to prevent Recurrent Events (CURE) study. Circulation. 2003;108:1682–1687., , , et al.
- 19.Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-term Evaluation-2 Working Party. Double-blind comparison between zofenopril and lisinopril in patients with acute myocardial infarction: results of the Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-term Evaluation-2 (SMILE-2) study. Am Heart J. 2003;145:80–87., ;
- 20.Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-term Evaluation Study Group. Effects of zofenopril on myocardial ischemia in post-myocardial infarction patients with preserved left ventricular function: the Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-term Evaluation (SMILE)-ISCHEMIA study. Am Heart J. 2007;153:445.e7–e14., ;
- 25.VALIANT Investigators. Mortality and morbidity remain high despite captopril and/or Valsartan therapy in elderly patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction, heart failure, or both after acute myocardial infarction: results from the Valsartan in Acute Myocardial Infarction Trial (VALIANT). Circulation. 2005;112:3391–3399., , , et al.;