Quality and Outcomes
Trends in Smoking Cessation Counseling: Experience From American Heart Association-Get With The Guidelines
Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 7, pages 396–403, July 2012
How to Cite
Huang, P.-H., Kim, C. X., Lerman, A., Cannon, C. P., Dai, D., Laskey, W., Peacock, W. F., Hernandez, A. F., Peterson, E. D., Smith, E. E., Fonarow, G. C., Schwamm, L. H. and Bhatt, D. L. (2012), Trends in Smoking Cessation Counseling: Experience From American Heart Association-Get With The Guidelines. Clin Cardiol, 35: 396–403. doi: 10.1002/clc.22023
- Issue online: 2 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 APR 2012
- 1Vital signs: current cigarette smoking among adults aged ≥18 years—United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59:1135–1140.
- 13Physician advice for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;CD000165.,
- 24The Joint Commission. Acute Myocardial Infarction Core Measure Set. http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/Acute%20Myocardial%20Infarction.pdf. Accessed January 14, 2012.
- 25The Joint Commission. Stroke (STK) Core Measure Set. http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/Stroke.pdf. Acces sed January 14, 2012.
- 26Enhancing quality of care for acute myocardial infarction: shifting the focus of improvement from key indicators to process of care and tool use: the American College of Cardiology Acute Myocardial Infarction Guidelines Applied in Practice Project in Michigan: Flint and Saginaw Expansion. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;43:2166–2173., , , et al.
- 29Closing gaps between evidence-based stroke care guidelines and practices with a collaborative quality improvement project. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2006;32:517–527., , , et al.
- 30Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry Surveillance—four states, 2005–2007. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2009;58:1–23., , , et al.
- 33Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke: a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease and Quality of Care Outcomes in Research Interdisciplinary Working Groups: the American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline as an educational tool for neurologists. Stroke. 2007;38:1655–1711., , , et al.