Reperfusion Strategies and Quality of Care in 5339 Patients Age 80 Years or Older Presenting With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Analysis from Get With The Guidelines-Coronary Artery Disease
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 10, pages 632–640, October 2012
How to Cite
Medina, H. M., Cannon, C. P., Fonarow, G. C., Grau-Sepulveda, M. V., Hernandez, A. F., Frank Peacock, W., Laskey, W., Peterson, E. D., Schwamm, L., Bhatt, D. L. and on behalf of the GWTG Steering Committee and Investigators (2012), Reperfusion Strategies and Quality of Care in 5339 Patients Age 80 Years or Older Presenting With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Analysis from Get With The Guidelines-Coronary Artery Disease. Clin Cardiol, 35: 632–640. doi: 10.1002/clc.22036
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2012
- 1The state of aging and health in America report 2007. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and The Merck Company Foundation. Whitehouse Station, NJ: The Merck Company Foundation; 2007. http://www.cdc.gov/aging/pdf/saha_2007.pdf.
- 2National Center for Health Statistics. U.S. deaths down sharply in 2006. December 21, 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2008/r080611.htm.
- 5ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction; A report of the American College of Cardiology/ American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee to Revise the 1999 Guidelines for the Management of patients with acute myocardial infarction). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;44:E1–E211., , , et al.
- 8Using “get with the guidelines” to improve cardiovascular secondary prevention. Jt Comm J Qual Saf. 2003;29:539–550., , , et al.
- 9Overview of the American Heart Association “Get With the Guidelines” programs: coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart failure. Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2006;5:179–186.,
- 10Acute coronary care in the elderly, part II: ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: a scientific statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association Council on Clinical Cardiology: in collaboration with the Society of Geriatric Cardiology. Circulation. 2007;115:2570–2589., , , et al.
- 122009 focused updates: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (updating the 2004 guideline and 2007 focused update) and ACC/AHA/SCAI guidelines on percutaneous coronary intervention (updating the 2005 guideline and 2007 focused update) a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54:2205–2241., , , et al.
- 18Indications for fibrinolytic therapy in suspected acute myocardial infarction: collaborative overview of early mortality and major morbidity results from all randomised trials of more than 1000 patients. Fibrinolytic Therapy Trialists' (FTT) Collaborative Group. Lancet. 1994;343:311–322.