C-Reactive Protein Level and the Incidence of Eligibility for Statin Therapy: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
Version of Record online: 9 AUG 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 15–20, January 2013
How to Cite
Mann, D. M., Shimbo, D., Cushman, M., Lakoski, S., Greenland, P., Blumenthal, R. S., Michos, E. D., Lloyd-Jones, D. M. and Muntner, P. (2013), C-Reactive Protein Level and the Incidence of Eligibility for Statin Therapy: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Clin Cardiol, 36: 15–20. doi: 10.1002/clc.22046
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2012
- 42010 ACCF/AHA guideline for assessment of cardiovascular risk in asymptomatic adults: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2010;122:2748–2764., , , et al.
- 7Prevalence of low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with elevated high sensitivity C-reactive protein in the U.S.: implications of the JUPITER (Justification for the Use of Statins in Primary Prevention: An Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin) study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:931–935.,
- 11Rosuvastatin for primary prevention among individuals with elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and 5% to 10% and 10% to 20% 10-year risk: implications of the Justification for the Use of Statins in Primary Prevention: An Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin (JUPITER) trial for “intermediate risk.” Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010;3:447–452., , , et al.
- 14Rosuvastatin in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease among patients with low levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein: rationale and design of the JUPITER trial. Circulation. 2003;108: 2292–2297.; for the JUPITER Study Group.
- 16Mayo Clinic. Cholesterol levels: What numbers should you aim for? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol-levels/CL00001. Accessed June 1, 2011.