Safety of Aspirin Desensitization in Patients With Reported Aspirin Allergy and Cardiovascular Disease
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 25–30, January 2013
How to Cite
McMullan, K. L. and Wedner, H. J. (2013), Safety of Aspirin Desensitization in Patients With Reported Aspirin Allergy and Cardiovascular Disease. Clin Cardiol, 36: 25–30. doi: 10.1002/clc.22054
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUN 2012
- 1Aspirin for the prevention of cardiovascular disease: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med. 2009;150:396–404.
- 5Hypersensitivity to aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. In: , , , et al, eds. Middleton′s Allergy: Principles and Practice. 7th ed. New York, NY: Elsevier, Inc.; 2009:1227–1247., ,
- 13Rapid oral aspirin desensitization for patients with aspirin allergy requiring dual antiplatelet therapy. Conn Med. 2008;72:87–89.,
- 15Aspirin desensitization in patients undergoing planned or urgent coronary stent implantation: a single-center experience. Int J Cardiol. 2012; doi:10.1016/j.ijcard.2012.01.063., , , et al.
- 16Outpatient aspirin desensitization for patients with aspirin hypersensitivity and cardiac disease. Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2011;10:17–21.,
- 17Rapid desensitisation of patients with aspirin allergy who undergo coronary angioplasty. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2011;52:307–310., , , et al.