Mortality Rate Increases Steeply With Nonadherence to Statin Therapy in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 35, Issue 11, pages E22–E27, November 2012
How to Cite
Allonen, J., Nieminen, M. S., Lokki, M., Parkkonen, O., Vaara, S., Perola, M., Hiekkalinna, T., Strandberg, T. E. and Sinisalo, J. (2012), Mortality Rate Increases Steeply With Nonadherence to Statin Therapy in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome. Clin Cardiol, 35: E22–E27. doi: 10.1002/clc.22056
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 APR 2012
- 1A systematic review and economic evaluation of statins for the prevention of coronary events. Health Technol Assess. 2007;11:1–160., , , et al.
- 2ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines (CPG). Management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with persistent ST-segment elevation: the Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:2909–2945., , , et al;
- 14Cohort Profile: the Corogene study. Int J Epidemiol 2011; doi:10.1093/ije/dyr090., , , et al.
- 15Task Force for Diagnosis and Treatment of Non–ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of European Society of Cardiology. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of non–ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:1598–1660., , , et al;
- 18Cholesterol Treatment Trialists' (CTT) Collaborators. Efficacy and safety of cholesterol-lowering treatment: prospective meta-analysis of data from 90,056 participants in 14 randomised trials of statins [published corrections appear in Lancet. 2005;366:1358 and Lancet. 2008;371:2084]. Lancet. 2005;366:1267–1278., , , et al;
- 19The Long-Term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischaemic Disease (LIPID) Study Group. Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels. N Engl J Med. 1998; 339:1349–1357.
- 24Is physician adherence to prescription guidelines a general trait of health care practices or dependent on drug type?—a multilevel logistic regression analysis in South Sweden. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2009;18:682–690.,