Novel Oral Anticoagulants in Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-analysis of Large, Randomized, Controlled Trials vs Warfarin
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 61–67, February 2013
How to Cite
Dogliotti, A., Paolasso, E. and Giugliano, R. P. (2013), Novel Oral Anticoagulants in Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-analysis of Large, Randomized, Controlled Trials vs Warfarin. Clin Cardiol, 36: 61–67. doi: 10.1002/clc.22081
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- 2ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation—executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2001 Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Arial Fibrillation) [published correction appears in J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:562]. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:854–906., , , et al.
- 5ACTIVE W Investigators. Benefit of oral anticoagulant over antiplatelet therapy in atrial fibrillation depends on the quality of international normalized ratio control achieved by centers and countries as measured by time in therapeutic range. Circulation. 2008;118:2029–2037., , , et al.
- 8New oral antithrombotic strategies. Hot Top Cardiol. 2009;18:7–14.,
- 122001., , eds. Cochrane Reviewers Handbook 4.1.3. The Cochrane Library, Issue 3, Oxford, UK: Update Software;
- 15Executive Steering Committee of the SPORTIF III Investigators. Stroke prevention with the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran compared with warfarin in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (SPORTIF III): randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2003;362:1691–1698.;
- 22Amadeus Investigators. Comparison of idraparinux with vitamin K antagonists for prevention of thromboembolism in patients with atrial fibrillation: a randomised, open-label, non-inferiority trial [published correction appears in Lancet. 2008;372:2022]. Lancet. 2008;371:315–321., , , et al.
- 262009; Boston, MA., , , et al. Recombinant antidote for reversal of anticoagulation by factor Xa inhibitors. Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc., South San Francisco, CA. Paper presented at: International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis Congress, July 15,
- 272011; Paris, France., , , , et al. Reversal of rivaroxaban mediated anticoagulation in animal models by a recombinant antidote protein (r-Antidote, PRT064445). Paper presented at: European Society of Cardiology Congress, August 27,