Physical Activity Behavior Two to Six Years Following Cardiac Rehabilitation: A Socioecological Analysis
Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 96–102, February 2013
How to Cite
Bentley, D., Khan, S., Oh, P., Grace, S. and Thomas, S. (2013), Physical Activity Behavior Two to Six Years Following Cardiac Rehabilitation: A Socioecological Analysis. Clin Cardiol, 36: 96–102. doi: 10.1002/clc.22084
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 2012
- 1Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;(7):CD001800., , , et al.
- 2Cardiac rehabilitation as chronic disease care. In: , , , eds. Cardiac Guidelines for Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention. 3rd ed. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada: Canadian Association of Cardiac Rehabilitation; 2009:73–103., ,
- 3Systematic review of physical activity intervention studies after cardiac rehabilitation. J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2011;26:351–358.
- 5Cardiac rehabilitation as secondary prevention. Agency for Health Care Policy and Research and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Clin Pract Guidel Quick Ref Guide Clin. 1999;17:1–23., , , et al.
- 12Survey mode as a source of instability in responses across surveys. Field Methods. 2005;17:30–52.,
- 16An evaluation of self-report physical activity instruments used in studies involving cardiac patients. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2008;28:358–369., , , et al.
- 18Development and validation of the Tangible, Informational, and Emotional Social Support Survey. J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2006;26:307–313.,
- 20Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. 3rd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications; 2009.
- 21Cardiac rehabilitation, health behaviors, and body mass index post-myocardial infarction. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2010;30:28–34., ,
- 22Predictors of women's exercise maintenance after cardiac rehabilitation. J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2003;23:40–49., , , et al.
- 24Fitness of Canadian adults: results from the 2007–2009 Canadian Health Measures Survey. Health Rep. 2010;21:21–35., , , et al.
- 28The impact of high-calorie-expenditure exercise on quality of life in older adults with coronary heart disease. J Aging Phys Act. 2011;19:99–116., , , et al.
- 29Physical activity readiness in patient withdrawals from cardiac rehabilitation. Br J Nurs. 2009;18:188–191., , , et al.
- 30Exercise-based rehabilitation for coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001;(1):CD001800., , , et al.
- 31Cardiac rehabilitation and women: what keeps them away? J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2010;30:12–21., ,