Transthoracic Bioimpedance and Brain Natriuretic Peptide Assessment for Prognostic Stratification of Outpatients With Chronic Systolic Heart Failure
Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 103–109, February 2013
How to Cite
Malfatto, G., Corticelli, A., Villani, A., Giglio, A., Della Rosa, F., Branzi, G., Facchini, M. and Parati, G. (2013), Transthoracic Bioimpedance and Brain Natriuretic Peptide Assessment for Prognostic Stratification of Outpatients With Chronic Systolic Heart Failure. Clin Cardiol, 36: 103–109. doi: 10.1002/clc.22086
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2012
- 1Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology. Advanced chronic heart failure: a position statement from the Study Group on Advanced Heart Failure of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:684–694., , , et al;
- 3Congestion is an important diagnostic and therapeutic target in heart failure. Rev Cardiovasc Med. 2006;7(suppl 1):S12–S24., , , et al.
- 4The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:2388–2442.
- 10ESCAPE and COMPASS trials. Theodore E. Woodward Award: coming in out of the rain. Relieving congestion in heart failure. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2009;120:177–187.;
- 15Shah. STARBRITE: a randomized pilot trial of BNP-guided therapy in patients with advanced heart failure. Circulation. 2006;114:528–533.
- 25Prospective Evaluation and Identification of Cardiac Decompensation by ICG Test (PREDICT) Study Investigators and Coordinators. Utility of impedance cardiography for the identification of short term risk of clinical decompensation in stable patients with chronic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;47:2245–2252., , , et al;
- 27Italian Clinical Service Optivol-CRT Group. Monitoring intrathoracic impedance with an implantable defibrillator reduces hospitalizations in patients with heart failure. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2009;32:363–370., , , et al;
- 35Management of chronic heart failure guided by individual N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide targets: results of the PRIMA (Can PRo-brain-natriuretic peptide guided therapy of chronic heart failure IMprove heart fAilure morbidity and mortality?) study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56:2090–2100., , , et al.
- 36Correlation of impedance cardiography with invasive hemodynamic measurements in patients with advanced heart failure: the BioImpedance CardioGraphy (BIG) substudy of the Evaluation Study of congestive Heart Failure and Pulmonary Artery Catheterization Effectiveness (ESCAPE) Trial. Am Heart J. 2009;158:217–223., , , et al.
- 39Structured telephone support or telemonitoring programmes for patients with chronic heart failure. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;(8):CD007228., , , et al.