This work was supported by Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria (PI10/02763 and PI10/02745), the Spanish Respiratory Society (SEPAR), the Catalonian Cardiology Society, ResMed Ltd. (Australia), Esteve-Teijin (Spain), Oxigen Salud (Spain), and ALLER. No sponsor contributed to the study design, data collection, analysis, or interpretation of data, or the submission of the report for publication. Trial registration: ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT01335087. Protocol version: January 2012, V2. The authors have no other funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose.
Rationale and Methodology of the Impact of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure on Patients With ACS and Nonsleepy OSA: The ISAACC Trial
Version of Record online: 10 JUL 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 36, Issue 9, pages 495–501, September 2013
How to Cite
Esquinas, C., Sánchez-de-la Torre, M., Aldomá, A., Florés, M., Martínez, M., Barceló, A., Barbé, F. and Spanish Sleep Network (2013), Rationale and Methodology of the Impact of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure on Patients With ACS and Nonsleepy OSA: The ISAACC Trial. Clin Cardiol, 36: 495–501. doi: 10.1002/clc.22166
- Issue online: 9 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2013
- 3Continuous positive pressure form obstructive sleep apnoea in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006;3:CD001106., , , et al.
- 5ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee to Revise the 1999 Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction). Circulation. 2004;110:e82–e292., , , et al.
- 7Sleep disordered breathing in patients with acute coronary syndromes. J Clin Sleep Med. 2012;8:21–26., , et al.
- 9Obstructive sleep apnoea and cardiovascular disease. Lancet Respir Med. 2012;doi:10.1016/S2213-2600(12)70051-6., ,
- 20Obstructive sleep apnea affects hospital outcomes of patients with non–ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes. Sleep. 2012;35:1241–1245., , , et al.
- 28The sleep apnea cardiovascular endpoints (SAVE) trial: rationale and start-up phase. J Thorac Dis. 2010;2:138–143., , , et al.
- 32Spanish National Consensus in Sleep Apnea-Hypopnea Syndrome (SAHS) [article in Spanish]. Arch Bronconeumol. 2005;41:7–9.