Financial support for this study came from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (grants K24DA034621 and R01DA16065) and from the National Center for Research Resources (grant UL1RR025005), which is a component of the National Institutes of Health and the National Institutes of Health Roadmap for Medical Research.
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Clinical Liver Disease
Special Issue: Hepatitis C Infection – Treatment in Special Populations
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 69–72, July 2012
How to Cite
Sulkowski, M. S. (2012), Hepatitis C genotype 1 infection in HIV–Infected patients in the era of direct-acting antiviral therapy. Clinical Liver Disease, 1: 69–72. doi: 10.1002/cld.51
Potential conflict of interest: Mark S. Sulkowski received consulting fees and research grants (via Johns Hopkins University) from Abbott Laboratories, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Gilead, Janssen, Merck, Roche/Genentech, and Vertex.
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2012
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexual transmission of hepatitis C virus among HIV-infected men who have sex with men—New York City, 2005–2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60: 945-950.
- 7Boceprevir + pegylated interferon + ribavirin for the treatment of HCV/HIV-coinfected patients: end of treatment (week 48) interim results. In: Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; March 6, 2012; Seattle, WA. Abstract., , , , , , et al.
- 8Victrelis (Boceprevir) Prescribing Information. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Co.; 2012.
- 10Telaprevir in combination with pegylated interferon-a-2a + RBV in HCV/HIV-co-infected patients: a 24-week treatment interim analysis. In: Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; March 6, 2012; Seattle, WA. Abstract., , , , , , et al.
- 11Incivek (Telaprevir) Prescribing Information. Cambridge, MA: Vertex Pharmaceuticals; 2012.
- 12AIDSinfo. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-treatment-guidelines/26/hepatitis-c–hcv–hiv-coinfection. Published March 2012. Accessed June 2012.