These authors contributed equally.
Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticle–Aptamer Bioconjugates for Combined Prostate Cancer Imaging and Therapy
Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 3, Issue 9, pages 1311–1315, September 15, 2008
How to Cite
Wang, Andrew Z., Bagalkot, V., Vasilliou, Christophoros C., Gu, F., Alexis, F., Zhang, L., Shaikh, M., Yuet, K., Cima, Michael J., Langer, R., Kantoff, Philip W., Bander, Neil H., Jon, S. and Farokhzad, Omid C. (2008), Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticle–Aptamer Bioconjugates for Combined Prostate Cancer Imaging and Therapy. ChemMedChem, 3: 1311–1315. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.200800091
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAR 2008
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: CA119349, EB003647
- David H. Koch-Prostate Cancer Foundation Award in Nanotherapeutics
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Grant Number: 0720210
Multifunctional superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: Herein we report a novel, targeted, iron oxide nanoparticle for combined prostate cancer imaging and therapy. By conjugating an aptamer to a thermally stable iron oxide nanoparticle, we have demonstrated that bioconjugates can detect prostate cancer cells with high sensitivity and specificity. Furthermore, the bioconjugates can be used to deliver targeted chemotherapy.