CD3-ζchain expression of intratumoral lymphocytes is closely related to survival in gastric carcinoma patients
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 American Cancer Society
Volume 94, Issue 5, pages 1437–1442, 1 March 2002
How to Cite
Ishigami, S., Natsugoe, S., Tokuda, K., Nakajo, A., Higashi, H., Iwashige, H., Aridome, K., Hokita, S. and Aikou, T. (2002), CD3-ζchain expression of intratumoral lymphocytes is closely related to survival in gastric carcinoma patients. Cancer, 94: 1437–1442. doi: 10.1002/cncr.10346
- Issue online: 11 MAR 2002
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2001
- Manuscript Received: 24 SEP 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 4 APR 2001
- 1Gastric carcinoma with lymphoid stroma: Correlation to reactive hyperplasia in regional lymph nodes and prognosis. Jpn J Surg. 1983;13: 177–183., , , , , .
- 2Lymphoid infiltration as a prognostic variable for early-onset breast carcinomas. Clin Cancer Res. 1997;3: 817–819., , , et al.
- 3Expression of oncoproteins and the amount of eosinophilic and lymphocytic infiltrates can be used as prognostic factors in gastric cancer. Dutch Gastric Cancer Group (DGCG). Br J Cancer. 1996;74: 1783–1788, , , et al.
- 4The grading of rectal cancer: historical perspectives and a multivariate analysis of 447 cases. Histopathology. 1986;10: 437–459., , , et al.
- 5Development of cancer immunotherapies based on identification of the genes encoding cancer regression antigens. J Nat Cancer Inst. 1996;88: 1635–1644..
- 6Expression of CD3-zeta on T-cells in primary cervical carcinoma and in metastasis-positive and -negative pelvic lymph nodes. Br J Cancer. 1999;79: 1127–1132., , , et al.
- 7Absent or low expression of the zeta chain in T cells at the tumor site correlates with poor survival in patients with oral carcinoma. Cancer Res. 1998;58: 5344–5347., , , .
- 8Genetic and mutational analysis of the T-cell antigen receptor. Ann Rev Immunol. 1990;8: 139–168., .
- 9Alternations in signal transduction molecules in T lymphocytes from tumor bearing mice. Science. 1992;258: 1795–1798., , , , , .
- 10CD3 hyporesponsiveness and in vitro apoptosis are features of T cells from both malignant and nonmalignant secondary lymphoid organs . J Clin Invest. 1998;102: 1715–1723., , , et al.
- 11Variable expression of CD3-zeta chain in tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL. derived from renal-cell carcinoma: relationship with TIL phenotype and function . Int J Cancer. 1995;63: 205–212., , , et al.
- 12Decreased expression of signal-transducing zeta chain in peripheral T cells and natural killer cells in patients with cervical cancer . Clin Cancer Res. 1996;2: 1825–1828., , , et al.
- 13T cell receptor-zeta and granzyme B expression in mononuclear cell infiltrates in normal colon mucosa and colon carcinoma. Gut. 1997;40: 113–119., , , et al.
- 14Alternation of signal-transducing molecules and phenotypical characteristics in peripheral blood lymphocytes from gastric carcinoma patients. Pathobiology. 1999;67: 123–128., , , et al.
- 15Expression of signal transducing T-cell zeta molecules after adoptive immunotherapy in patients with gastric and colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 1998;78: 301–305., , , , .
- 16Japanese Gastric Cancer Association. Japanese classification of gastric carcinoma 2nd English ed-. Gastric Cancer. 1998;1: 10–24.
- 17Absent or low expression of the zeta chain in T cells at the tumor site correlates with poor survival in patients with oral carcinoma. Cancer Res. 1998;58: 5344–5347., , , .
- 18Identification of new melanoma epitopes on melanosomal proteins recognized by tumor infiltrating T lymphocytes restricted by HLA-A1, -A2, and -A3 alleles. J Immunol. 1998;161: 6985–6992., , , et al.
- 19Identification of HER2/neu-derived peptide epitopes recognized by gastric cancer-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Int J Cancer. 1998;78: 202–208., , , et al.
- 20Recognition of shared melanoma antigens in association with major HLA-A alleles by tumor infiltrating T lymphocytes from 123 patients with melanoma. J Immunother. 2000;23: 17–27., , , et al.
- 21Decreased expression of the signal-transduction zeta chains in tumor-infiltrating T-cells and NK cells of patients with colorectal carcinoma. Cancer Res. 1993;53: 5610–5612., , , et al.
- 22Oxidative stress by tumor-derived macrophages suppresses the expression of CD3 zeta chain of T-cell receptor complex and antigen-specific T-cell responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996; 93: 13119–13124., , , , .
- 23Hydrogen peroxide secreted by tumor-derived macrophages down-modulates signal-transducing zeta molecules and inhibits tumor-specific T cell-and natural killer cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Eur J Immunol. 1996;26: 1308–1313, , , et al.
- 24Alternation in T cell receptor and signal transduction molecules in melanoma patients. Clin Cancer Res. 1995;1: 1327–1335., , , et al.
- 25Lymphocyte apoptosis induced by Fas ligand-expressing ovarian carcinoma cells. Implications for altered expression of T cell receptor in tumor-associated lymphocytes. J Clin Invest. 1998;101: 2579–2588., , , , , .
- 26Immune cells in the tumor microenvironment. Mechanisms responsible for functional and signaling defects. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1998;451: 167–171..