Multimodal intensification therapy for previously untreated advanced resectable squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, or hypopharynx
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2002
Copyright © 2002 American Cancer Society
Volume 94, Issue 12, pages 3169–3178, 15 June 2002
How to Cite
Schuller, D. E., Grecula, J. C., Agrawal, A., Rhoades, C. A., Orr, D. A., Young, D. C., Malone, J. P. and Merz, M. (2002), Multimodal intensification therapy for previously untreated advanced resectable squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, or hypopharynx. Cancer, 94: 3169–3178. doi: 10.1002/cncr.10571
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JAN 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JAN 2002
- Manuscript Received: 9 OCT 2001
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: P30 CA16058
- 4Chemotherapy of patients with recurrent head and neck cancer. In: JacobsC, editor. Carcinomas of the head and neck: evaluation and management. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1990: 171–193..
- 7Postoperative adjuvant treatment of advanced head and neck cancer: Wayne State University experience and Southwest Oncology Group Feasibility Trial [abstract #923]. Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1993; 12: 285., , , , .
- 8Adjuvant chemotherapy for advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: final report of the Head and Neck Contracts Program. Cancer. 1987; 60: 301–311., , , et al.
- 11Postoperative radiotherapy with concurrent cisplatin appears to improve locoregional control of advanced, resectable head and neck cancers: RTOG 88-24. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1997; 27: 777–782., , , , , .
- 13An intergroup Phase III comparison of standard radiation therapy and two schedules of concurrent chemoradiotherapy in patients with unresectable squamous cell head and neck cancer [abstract #1624]. Proc ASCO. 2000; 19: 411a., , , et al.
- 14Superiority of five year survival with chemo-radiotherapy (CT-RT) vs radiotherapy in patients (Pts) with locally advanced nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC). Intergroup (0099) (SWOG 8892, RTOG 8817, ECOG 2388) Phase III study: final report [abstract #905]. Proc ASCO. 2001; 20: 2272., , , et al.
- 28Mature results of a Phase III randomized trial comparing concurrent chemoradiotherapy with radiation therapy alone in patients with Stage III and IV squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer. 2000; 88: 876–883., , , et al.
- 31Chemo-radiotherapy, as compared to radiotherapy alone, significantly increases disease-free and overall survival in head and neck cancer patients after surgery: results of EORTC Phase III trial 22931. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 51: 1., , , et. al.