Fax: (216) 983-0347
Association of prediagnosis endoscopy with stage and survival in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia†
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2002
Copyright © 2002 American Cancer Society
Volume 95, Issue 1, pages 32–38, 1 July 2002
How to Cite
Cooper, G. S., Yuan, Z., Chak, A. and Rimm, A. A. (2002), Association of prediagnosis endoscopy with stage and survival in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Cancer, 95: 32–38. doi: 10.1002/cncr.10646
This study used the linked Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) program-Medicare database. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute; the Office of Information Services and the Office of Strategic Planning, Health Care Financing Administration; Information Management Services, Inc.; and the SEER program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 4 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2002
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: K05-CA90677
- 1RiesLAG, EisnerMP, KosaryCL, et al., editors. SEER cancer statistics review, 1973–1997. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 2000.
- 10Screening for Barrett's esophagus in patients with GERD: can we afford the cost? [abstract]. Am J Gastroenterol. 2001; 96: S278., .
- 18A case-control study of endoscopy and mortality from adenocarcinoma of the esophagus or gastric cardia for persons with chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease [abstract]. Gastroenterology. 2001; 120: A-414., , , .
- 24Can two upper endoscopies negative for dysplasia eliminate the need for future surveillance in patients with Barrett's esophagus [abstract]. Am J Gastroenterol. 2001; 96: S36., , , , , .
- 28Getting the most out of messy data: problems and approaches for dealing with large administrative data sets. In: GradyML, SchwartzHA. Medical effectiveness research data methods. Rockville, MD: U.S. Public Health Service, 1992., .
- 31Clinical epidemiology: a basic science for clinical medicine (2nd edition). Boston: Little Brown, 1991., , , .