Fax: (651) 690-7774
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2002
Copyright © 2002 American Cancer Society
Volume 95, Issue 11, pages 2268–2275, 1 December 2002
How to Cite
Prehn, A. W., Topol, B., Stewart, S., Glaser, S. L., O'Connor, L. and West, D. W. (2002), Differences in treatment patterns for localized breast carcinoma among Asian/Pacific islander women. Cancer, 95: 2268–2275. doi: 10.1002/cncr.10965
See editorial on pages 2257–9, this issue.
The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or the California Department of Health Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government or state of California.
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2002
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Received: 10 APR 2002
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: N01-CN-65107
- National Institutes of Health
- California Cancer Registry, a project of the Cancer Surveillance Section, California Department of Health Services
- Public Health Institute. Grant Numbers: 050M-8701/8-S1522, 453A-8704-S1474
- Department of the Army. Grant Number: DAMD17-94-J-4508
- 13Asian and Pacific Islander Center for Census Information and Services. Our ten years of growth: a demographic analysis on Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. San Francisco: APICCIS, 1992.
- 14MillerBA, KolonelLN, BernsteinL, et al., eds. Racial/ethnic patterns of cancer in the United States, 1988–1992. NIH Pub. No. 96–4104. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1996.
- 15Cancer incidence in Chinese, Japanese and Filipinos in the US and Asia, 1988–1992. Union City, CA: Northern California Cancer Center, 1999., , , et al.
- 16RiesLAG, EisnerMP, KosaryCL, et al., eds. SEER cancer statistics review, 1973–1998. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 2001.
- 17FlemingID, CooperJS, HensonDE, et al., eds. American Joint Committee on Cancer staging manual, 5th edition. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1997.
- 18PercyC, Van HoltenV, MuirC, eds. International classification of diseases for oncology, 2nd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1990.
- 19Bureau of the Census. Census of population and housing,1990: summary tape file 3 on CD-ROM (machine-readable data files). Washington, DC: Bureau of the Census, 1992.
- 20National Cancer Institute. Physician's data query information for health care professionals, breast cancer. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1995.
- 21SAS for UNIX. Version 6.12. Cary, NC: Statistical Analysis Software, 1996.
- 22Stata 5.0 for Windows 95/NT. College Station, TX: Stata Corporation, 1998.
- 40Overview of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. In: ZaneNWS, TakeuchiDT, YoungKNJ. Confronting critical health issues in Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1994: 3–21., .
- 43Difficulty of obtaining wide tumour to deep fascial margins in Asian women with breast cancers: implications on treatment and prognosis. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 1996; 23: 241–444., , , , .
- 47Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group. Systemic treatment of early breast cancer by hormonal, cytotoxic, or immune therapy: 133 randomised trials involving 31,000 recurrences and 24,000 deaths among 75,000 women. Lancet. 1992; 339: 1–15.
- 48Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group. Systemic treatment of early breast cancer by hormonal, cytotoxic, or immune therapy: 133 randomised trials involving 31,000 recurrences and 24,000 deaths among 75,000 women. Lancet. 1992; 339: 71–85.