Fax: (404) 321-4669
Health-related quality of life of cancer and noncancer patients in Medicare managed care†
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 97, Issue 3, pages 674–681, 1 February 2003
How to Cite
Baker, F., Haffer, S. C. and Denniston, M. (2003), Health-related quality of life of cancer and noncancer patients in Medicare managed care. Cancer, 97: 674–681. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11085
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2003
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 SEP 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 29 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Received: 28 JUN 2002
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures, 2001. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2001.
- 3American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures, 2000. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2000.
- 4National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship. NCCS history. National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship Web Site. Updated 2002. Available at: http://www.cansearch.org/about/history.html. [Accessed 19 April 2002].
- 6Quality of life assessment in cancer clinical trials. In: DimsdaleJE, BaumA. Quality of life in behavioral medical research. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1995: 79–96., , , , .
- 12National Committee for Quality Assurance. HEDIS 3.0 1998 vol. 6, Health of senior survey manual. Washington, DC: National Committee for Quality Assurance, 1998.
- 13SF-36 health survey annotated bibliography. 2nd ed. (1988–1996). Boston: The Health Assessment Lab, New England Medical Center, 1998., , , et al.
- 14Essentials of behavioral research: methods and data analysis. 2nd ed. Boston: McGraw Hill, 1991., .
- 15Examining longitudinal outcomes in the Medicare Health Outcomes Survey: preliminary recommendations. 2000. Draft Technical Report. Prepared for the Health Care. Financing Administration and the National Committee for Quality Assurance., , , .
- 16QualityMetric Inc. The SF-36 health survey: a summary of responsiveness to clinical interventions. Prepared for The Health Assessment Lab and the National Committee for Quality Assurance under Contract No. 500-97-P001. 2000. Lincoln, RI: Health Care Financing Administration, US Dept of Health and Human Services.
- 17SF-36 health survey manual and interpretation guide. Boston: The Health Institute Medical Center, 1993., , , .
- 18Behavioral Epidemiology Unit. South Australian population norms for the Short Form 36 (SF-36) Health Status Questionnaire. Adelaide, Australia: South Australian Health Commission, 1995.