Fax: (416) 813-5327
Treatment options for patients with acute myeloid leukemia with a matched sibling donor
A decision analysis
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 97, Issue 3, pages 592–600, 1 February 2003
How to Cite
Sung, L., Buckstein, R., Doyle, J. J., Crump, M. and Detsky, A. S. (2003), Treatment options for patients with acute myeloid leukemia with a matched sibling donor. Cancer, 97: 592–600. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11098
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2003
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 5 SEP 2002
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2002
- Canadian Institute of Health Research
- Hospital for Sick Children Clinician Scientist Program
- 4Randomised comparison of addition of autologous bone-marrow transplantation to intensive chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia in first remission: results of MRC AML 10 trial. UK Medical Research Council Adult and Children's Leukaemia Working Parties. Lancet. 1998; 351: 700–708., , , et al.
- 12Autologous or allogeneic bone marrow transplantation compared with intensive chemotherapy in acute myelogenous leukemia. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) and the Gruppo Italiano Malattie Ematologiche Maligne dell'Adulto (GIMEMA) Leukemia Cooperative Groups. N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 217–223., , , et al.
- 17Severe adverse impact on sexual functioning and fertility of bone marrow transplantation, either allogeneic or autologous, compared with consolidation chemotherapy alone: analysis of the MRC AML 10 trial. Cancer. 1999; 86: 1231–1239., , , et al.
- 18Quality of life in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia in prolonged first complete remission after bone marrow transplantation (allogeneic or autologous) or chemotherapy: a cross-sectional study of the EORTC-GIMEMA AML 8A trial. Bone Marrow Transplant. 1997; 20: 307–315., , , et al.
- 19Medical decision making. London: Butterworth and Company, 1988., , , .
- 26Statistics Canada. Life expectancy. Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 1991.
- 30Can “hypersimplified” decision trees be used instead of Markov models [abstract]? Med Decision Making. 1984; 4: 530., , , .
- 32Cost-effectiveness in health care and medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996., , , .