Fax: (734) 936-1641
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 97, Issue 5, pages 1147–1155, 1 March 2003
How to Cite
Van Harrison, R., Janz, N. K., Wolfe, R. A., Tedeschi, P. J., Huang, X. and McMahon, L. F. (2003), 5-Year mammography rates and associated factors for older women. Cancer, 97: 1147–1155. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11172
Approved by the University of Michigan Medical School Institutional Review Board for Human Subject Research (#1995-0343)
Barbara Threatt, M.D., was a consultant regarding mammography practice and interactions with older women
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2003
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 4 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUL 2002
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: RO1 CA62246
- 1National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2000 with Adolescent Health Chartbook. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2000.
- 2American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 1999.
- 3National Center for Health Statistics. General Mortality Worktable (GMWK) 250A: total number of deaths for 72 selected causes, 1998. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2000. Available from URL: www.cdc.gov/nchs/datawh/statab/unpubd/mortabs.htm [accessed 30 Aug 2001]
- 4Screening for breast cancer with mammography. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2002; Issue 2., .
- 5U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for breast cancer. Washington, DC: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2002.
- 6American Association of Retired Person. Older women and the Medicare mammography benefit: 1992 awareness and usage levels. Washington, DC: American Association of Retired Persons, 1993.
- 7Use of mammography services by women aged ≥ 65 years enrolled in Medicare-United States, 1991-1993. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rev 1995; 44: 777–781..
- 9American Geriatrics Society Clinical Practice Committee. AGS position statement: breast cancer screening in older women. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2000; 48: 842–844.
- 19U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. Census of population and housing, 1990: summary Table File 3B [Computer file]. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, 1993.
- 20Use of community versus individual socioeconomic data in predicting variation in hospital use. Health Serv Resea. 1998; 33: 219–235., , , , .
- 21Paychometric theory, 1st ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1967..
- 27Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Put prevention into practice, a step-by step guide to delivering clinical preventive services: a systems approach. Washington, DC: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2001 AHRQ Pub. No. APPIP01-0001.