Fax: (217) 698-0188
Pathology and classification of ovarian tumors†
Article first published online: 30 APR 2003
Published 2003 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
Volume 97, Issue Supplement 120, pages 2631–2642, 15 May 2003
How to Cite
Chen, V. W., Ruiz, B., Killeen, J. L., Coté, T. R., Wu, X. C., Correa, C. N. and Howe, H. L. (2003), Pathology and classification of ovarian tumors. Cancer, 97: 2631–2642. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11345
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain of the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2003
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 25 SEP 2002
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAR 2002
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Grant Number: U75/CCU515998
The authors present a summary of the developmental events and anatomic features that provide information regarding the natural history of ovarian cancers. In addition, they discuss the three main types of ovarian cancer and their subtypes, with special consideration of aspects related to tumor registration and epidemiology.