Francisco J. Esteva is a recipient of a Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award from the National Cancer Institute (K23 CA82119).
A Phase II study of intravenous exatecan mesylate (DX-8951f) administered daily for 5 days every 3 weeks to patients with metastatic breast carcinoma
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 5, pages 900–907, 1 September 2003
How to Cite
Esteva, F. J., Rivera, E., Cristofanilli, M., Valero, V., Royce, M., Duggal, A., Colucci, P., DeJager, R. and Hortobagyi, G. N. (2003), A Phase II study of intravenous exatecan mesylate (DX-8951f) administered daily for 5 days every 3 weeks to patients with metastatic breast carcinoma. Cancer, 98: 900–907. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11557
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2003
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAR 2003
- Daiichi Pharmaceutical Corporation, Montvale, NJ
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: K23 CA82119
- 9Daiichi Pharmaceutical Corporation. DX-8951f for injection. Investigators brochure (9th edition). Fort Lee, NJ: Daiichi Pharmaceutical Corporation, 1998: 9–22.
- 10National Cancer Institute. Common toxicity criteria. Version 2.0. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1998.
- 12Sensitive high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of the lactone form and the lactone plus hydroxy-acid forms of the new camptothecin derivative DX-8951 in human plasma using fluorescence detection. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl. 2000; 740: 237–245., , .
- 13ADAPT II user's guide. Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Systems Analysis Software. Los Angeles: Biomedical Simulations Resource, 1997., .
- 14IT2S user's guide. Buffalo: State University of New York at Buffalo, 1995., .
- 22Anticancer activity of DX-8951f, a water soluble camptothecin against human tumor specimens taken directly from adult and pediatric patients [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1998; 17: 197a., , , et al.
- 28Randomized Phase II study of 2 schedules of irinotecan (CPT-11) for patients with refractory metastatic breast cancer: an NCCTG Cooperative Group study [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2002; 21: 206a., , , et al.