Fax: (416) 813-8024
Evaluation of dietetic intervention in children with medulloblastoma or supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors
Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 5, pages 1014–1020, 1 September 2003
How to Cite
Bakish, J., Hargrave, D., Tariq, N., Laperriere, N., Rutka, J. T. and Bouffet, E. (2003), Evaluation of dietetic intervention in children with medulloblastoma or supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors. Cancer, 98: 1014–1020. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11598
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2003
- Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 5 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Received: 18 FEB 2003
- B. R. A. I. N. Child (Brain Tumour Assistance and Information Network)
- 1Adjuvant chemotherapy for medulloblastoma: the first multi-centre control trial of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP I). Eur J Cancer. 1990; 4: 464–469., , , , .
- 3Prospective randomised trial of chemotherapy given before radiotherapy in childhood medulloblastoma. International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP) and the (German) Society of Paediatric Oncology (GPO): SIOP II. Med Pediatr Oncol. 1995; 3: 166–178., , , et al.
- 4Metastasis stage, adjuvant treatment, and residual tumor are prognostic factors for medulloblastoma in children: conclusions from the Children's Cancer Group 921 randomized Phase III study. J Clin Oncol. 1999; 3: 832–845., , , et al.
- 5Treatment of children with medulloblastomas with reduced-dose craniospinal radiation therapy and adjuvant chemotherapy: a Children's Cancer Group Study. J Clin Oncol. 1999; 7: 2127–2136., , , et al.
- 7Feasibility of four consecutive high-dose chemotherapy cycles with stem-cell rescue for patients with newly diagnosed medulloblastoma or supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor after craniospinal radiotherapy: results of a collaborative study. J Clin Oncol. 2001; 10: 2696–2704., , , et al.
- 8Quality of life, appetite, and weight change in patients receiving dose-intensive chemotherapy. Oncology (Huntingt). 1994; 4: 61–65; discussion, 65–66, 69., , , et al.
- 9Growth and development record, Tanner–Whitehouse (1970). Ware, UK: Castlemead Publications, 1984., .
- 11Does weight for height have prognostic significance in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia? Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1994; 3: 225–230., , , , , .
- 18Nutrition management of cancer. In: WilliamsCP, editor. Pediatric manual of clinical dietetics. Chicago: American Dietetic Association, 1998: 151–160..
- 20Pediatric enteral nutrition support. In: WilliamsCP, editor. Pediatric manual of clinical dietetics. Chicago: American Dietetic Association, 1998: 479–502..
- 24Using research to change practice: enteral feedings for pediatric oncology patients. J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2001; 5: 217–223., , .
- 29Megestrol acetate to correct the nutritional status in an adolescent with growth hormone deficiency. Increase of appetite and body weight but only by increase of body water and fat mass followed by profound cortisol and testosterone depletion. Klin Padiatr. 2002; 2: 54–57., , , , , .