Fax: (215) 214-1629
Routine mammography is associated with earlier stage disease and greater eligibility for breast conservation in breast carcinoma patients age 40 years and older†
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 5, pages 918–925, 1 September 2003
How to Cite
Freedman, G. M., Anderson, P. R., Goldstein, L. J., Hanlon, A. L., Cianfrocca, M. E., Millenson, M. M., von Mehren, M., Torosian, M. H., Boraas, M. C., Nicolaou, N., Patchefsky, A. S. and Evers, K. (2003), Routine mammography is associated with earlier stage disease and greater eligibility for breast conservation in breast carcinoma patients age 40 years and older. Cancer, 98: 918–925. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11605
The following are the Clinical Staff of the Breast Evaluation Center at the Fox Chase Cancer Center. Department of Medical Oncology: Lori J. Goldstein, M.D. (Director), Michael M. Millenson, M.D., Mary E. Cianfrocca, D.O., and Margaret von Mehren, M.D.; Department of Radiation Oncology: Gary M. Freedman, M.D. (Associate Director), Penny R. Anderson, M.D., and Nicos Nicolaou, M.D.; Department of Surgical Oncology: Marcia C. Boraas, M.D., F.A.C.S., Michael H. Torosian, M.D., Elin R. Sigurdson, M.D., Ph.D., and John P. Hoffman, M.D., F.A.C.S.; Department of Diagnostic Imaging: Kathryn Evers, M.D. and Arthur D. Magilner, M.D.; and Department of Pathology: Arthur S. Patchefsky, M.D., Harry S. Cooper, M.D., Tahseen I. Al-Saleem, M.D., Hormoz Ehya, M.D., Nancy A. Young, M.D., and Hong Wu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2003
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2003
- 3National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN practice guidelines for breast cancer. Oncology. 2000; 14: 33–49.
- 4American College of Radiology. Standards 2001-2002. Reston, VA: American College of Radiology, 2002.
- 6National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations. Early detection of breast cancer, 2002. Available at http://www.nabco.org/index.php/3
- 7Komen Foundation. Early Detection, 2002. Available at http://www.komen.org/bci/bhealth/EarlyDetection/BreastCancerDetection.asp.
- 23Breast cancer screening. In: HarrisJR, LippmanME, MorrowM, HellmanS, editors. Diseases of the breast. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers, 1996: 307–322..
- 31Patient rehabilitation and support. In: HarrisJR, LippmanME, MorrowM, HellmanS, editors. Diseases of the breast. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers, 1996: 919–938., .
- 32Psychosocial aspects of breast cancer. In: FowbleB, GoodmanRL, GlickJH, RosatoEF, editors. Breast cancer treatment. A comprehensive guide to management. St. Louis: Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1991: 551–570., , .
- 42Mammographically detected ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast treated with breast-conserving surgery and definitive breast irradiation: long-term outcome and prognostic significance of patient age and margin status. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 991–1002., , , et al.