Fax: (206) 667-5948
Article first published online: 11 AUG 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 6, pages 1131–1140, 15 September 2003
How to Cite
Mueller, B. A., Simon, M. S., Deapen, D., Kamineni, A., Malone, K. E. and Daling, J. R. (2003), Childbearing and survival after breast carcinoma in young women. Cancer, 98: 1131–1140. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11634
Cancer data were supported by the Cancer Surveillance System of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (funded by Contract No. N01-CN-05230 from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results [SEER] Program of the National Cancer Institute [NCI] with additional funding from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center) in the Seattle region. In Los Angeles, cancer incidence data were collected under a subcontract with the Public Health Institute. The subcontract is supported by the California Department of Health Services within the statewide cancer reporting program, mandated by Health and Safety Code Section 103875 and 103885. The University of Southern California Los Angeles County Cancer Surveillance Program is funded by Contract No. NO1-PC-67010 from the SEER Program of the NCI. Cancer incidence data for Detroit were collected by the Metropolitan Detroit Cancer Surveillance System of Wayne State University/Karmanos Cancer Institute and funded by Contract No. NO1-CN-65064 from the SEER Program of the NCI. Vital statistics data were provided by the Washington State Department of Health Center for Health Statistics; the California Department of Health Services, Center for Health Statistics, Vital Statistics Section; and the Vital and Health Record Section, Department of Community Health, Community Public Health Agency of the State of Michigan.
Ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors, and no endorsement by the State of California, Department of Health Services or the Public Health Institute is intended or should be inferred.
- Issue published online: 5 SEP 2003
- Article first published online: 11 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 APR 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2003
- U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, U.S. Department of Defense. Grant Number: DAMD17-94-J-4262
- 11Statistical methods in cancer research. Volume 2. The design and analysis of cohort studies. IARC Scientific Pub. No. 82. Lyon, France: IARC, 1987., .
- 19How subsequent pregnancy affects outcome in women with a prior breast cancer. Oncology. 1991; 5: 23–35..
- 21Pregnancy after breast-conserving surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1994; 16: 131–137., , .
- 23Carcinoma of the breast in pregnancy and lactation. In: BlandKI, CopelandEM, editors. The breast: comprehensive management of benign and malignant diseases. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1991: 1034–1040..
- 24Breast carcinoma and pregnancy. In: DoneganWL, SprattJS, editors. Cancer of the breast, 4th edition. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1995: 732–741..
- 25Special situations in the treatment of breast cancer. In: LippmanME, LichterAS, DanforthDN, editors. Diagnosis and management of breast cancer. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1988: 407–438., .