Fax: (011) 886 3 3286697
Internal tandem duplication and Asp835 mutations of the FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) gene in acute promyelocytic leukemia
Correlation with molecular subtypes of PML/RARα and clinical features
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 6, pages 1206–1216, 15 September 2003
How to Cite
Shih, L.-Y., Kuo, M.-C., Liang, D.-C., Huang, C.-F., Lin, T.-L., Wu, J.-H., Wang, P.-N., Dunn, P. and Lai, C.-L. (2003), Internal tandem duplication and Asp835 mutations of the FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) gene in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Cancer, 98: 1206–1216. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11636
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 20 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2003
- National Science Council of Taiwan. Grant Numbers: NSC90-2314-B-182-086, NSC91-2314-B-182-032
- Childhood Cancer Foundation of the Republic of China. Grant Numbers: 90-3, 91-01
- 6The presence of a FLT3 internal tandem duplication in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) adds important prognostic information to cytogenetic risk group and response to the first cycle of chemotherapy: analysis of 854 patients from the United Kingdom Medical Research Council AML 10 and 12 trials. Blood. 2001; 98: 1752–1759., , , et al.
- 8Analysis of FLT3 length mutations in 1003 patients with acute myeloid leukemia: correlation to cytogenetics, FAB subtype, and prognosis in the AMLCG study and usefulness as a marker for the detection of minimal residual disease. Blood. 2002; 100: 59–66., , , et al.
- 22National Center for Biotechnology Information. GenBank [database online]. Available from URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Genbank/
- 28Molecular remission in PML/RAR alpha-positive acute promyelocytic leukemia by combined all-trans retinoic acid and idarubicin (AIDA) therapy. Gruppo Italiano-Malattie Ematologiche Maligne dell'Adulto and Associazione Italiana di Ematologia ed Oncologia Pediatrica Cooperative Groups. Blood. 1997; 90: 1014–1021., , , et al.
- 30Isoforms of PML-retinoic acid receptor alpha fused transcripts affect neither clinical features of acute promyelocytic leukemia nor prognosis after treatment with all-trans retinoic acid. The Leukemia Study Group of the Ministry of Health and Welfare (Kohseisho). Leukemia. 1995; 9: 1478–1482., , , et al.
- 33Programme for the Study and Treatment of Haematological Malignancies (PETHEMA) Group. Pretreatment characteristics and clinical outcome of acute promyelocytic leukaemia patients according to the PML-RAR alpha isoforms: a study of the PETHEMA group. Br J Haematol. 2001; 114: 99–103., , , et al.