Fax: (734) 936-1641
Characteristics of primary care physicians and their practices associated with mammography rates for older women†
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 9, pages 1822–1829, 1 November 2003
How to Cite
Van Harrison, R., Janz, N. K., Wolfe, R. A., Tedeschi, P. J., Stross, J. K., Huang, X. and McMahon, L. F. (2003), Characteristics of primary care physicians and their practices associated with mammography rates for older women. Cancer, 98: 1822–1829. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11744
Barbara Threatt, M.D., was a consultant regarding mammography practice and physician's interactions with older women.
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2003
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2003
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: RO1 CA62246
- 16Use of mammography services by women aged ≥65 years enrolled in Medicare—United States, 1991-1993. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1995; 44: 777–781..
- 19National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2000 with adolescent health chartbook. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2000.
- 21Bureau of the Census. Census of population and housing, 1990 [United States]: summary Table File 3B [Computer file]. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census (producer), 1993.
- 22Use of community versus individual socioeconomic data in predicting variation in hospital use. Health Serv Res. 1998; 33: 219–235., , , , .
- 23Psychometric theory. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1967..
- 24Screening for breast cancer with mammography. Cochrane Database Systematic Rev. 2002 (2)., .
- 25U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for breast cancer. Washington DC: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2002.
- 29U.S. Census Bureau. Rankings and comparisons population and housing tables: PHC-T-6 population by race and Hispanic or Latin origin for the United States, regions, divisions, states: 2000. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau, 2001. Available from URL: www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/tablist.html [accessed July 23, 2002].
- 30Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2001 state health profiles. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2001. Available from URL: www.cdc.gov/nchs/datawh/stprofiles.htm [accessed July 23, 2002].
- 31Systems to support health policy analysis: theory, models and uses. Chicago: Health Administration Press, 1992., , .
- 36Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Put prevention into practice, a step-by step guide to delivering clinical preventive services: a systems approach. AHRQ pub. No. APPIP01-0001. Washington, DC: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2001.