Dr. Eisenberg has participated in clinical trials and received consulting fees and honoraria from Helsinn Healthcare SA (Lugano, Switzerland), MGI Pharma (Bloomington, Minnesota), GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, North Carolina), Merck (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey), Roche (Basel, Switzerland), and Aventis Pharmaceuticals (Bridgewater, New Jersey). Dr. Cartmell is a clinical investigator for MGI Pharma. Dr. Macciocchi is an employee of Helsinn Healthcare SA. Dr. Grunberg is a consultant to Helsinn Healthcare SA and has received honoraria from MGI Pharma.
Improved prevention of moderately emetogenic chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting with palonosetron, a pharmacologically novel 5-HT3 receptor antagonist
Results of a Phase III, single-dose trial versus dolasetron
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2003
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
Volume 98, Issue 11, pages 2473–2482, 1 December 2003
How to Cite
Eisenberg, P., Figueroa-Vadillo, J., Zamora, R., Charu, V., Hajdenberg, J., Cartmell, A., Macciocchi, A. and Grunberg, S. (2003), Improved prevention of moderately emetogenic chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting with palonosetron, a pharmacologically novel 5-HT3 receptor antagonist. Cancer, 98: 2473–2482. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11817
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2003
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 11 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2003
- Helsinn Healthcare SA
- 4American Society of Health-System Pharmacists therapeutic guidelines on the pharmacologic management of nausea and vomiting in adult and pediatric patients receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy or undergoing surgery. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 1999; 56: 729–764.
- 62002) [monograph online]. Available from URL: http://www.nccn.org/physician_gls/index.html [accessed April 16, 2003]., , , et al. The NCCN antiemesis clinical practice guidelines in oncology (Version 1.
- 7Preventing nausea and vomiting during days 2-7 following high dose cisplatin chemotherapy (HDCP). A study by the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG) [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1995; 14: 529., , , et al.
- 8Effect of schedule and maintenance on the antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron combined with dexamethasone in acute and delayed nausea and emesis in patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotherapy: a Phase III trial by the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group. J Clin Oncol. 1994; 12: 1050–1057., , , et al.
- 14Pharmacokinetic features of a novel 5-HT3-receptor antagonist: palonosetron (RS 25259-197) [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2001; 20: 400a., , , .
- 15Aventis Pharmaceuticals. Anzemet (dolasetron mesylate injection) [package insert]. Bridgewater, NJ: Aventis, 2002.
- 16GlaxoSmithKline. Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride) injection [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC: GlaxoSmithKline, 2001.
- 17Roche Laboratories. Kytril (granisetron hydrochloride) injection [package insert]. Nutley, NJ: Roche, 2000.