George R. Prout, Jr. is a consultant to the NCI Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences.
Survival experience of black patients and white patients with bladder carcinoma†
Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2003
Published 2003 by the American Cancer Society
Volume 100, Issue 3, pages 621–630, 1 February 2004
How to Cite
Prout, G. R., Wesley, M. N., McCarron, P. G., Chen, V. W., Greenberg, R. S., Mayberry, R. M. and Edwards, B. K. (2004), Survival experience of black patients and white patients with bladder carcinoma. Cancer, 100: 621–630. doi: 10.1002/cncr.11942
Senior staff at the NCI provided overall scientific direction and program management of the multicenter collaborative study conducted under contracts. They have shared responsibility for the design, conduct, interpretation, and analysis of study results as well as participating as coauthors of the submitted article based on established policy and procedures for governance of this multiinvestigator study. Review and clearance of the article was provided by NCI scientific staff other than the coauthors.
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2004
- Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 16 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUN 2003
- National Cancer Institute (NCI). Grant Numbers: N01-CN-25501, N01-CN-35043, N01-CN-45174, N01-CN-45175, N01-CN-45176, N01-CN 75401, N02-PC-75003
- 2National Cancer Institute. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975–2000. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 2003. Available from URL: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2000 [accessed 3 October 2003].
- 3Urinary bladder. In: MillerBA, RiesLAG, HankeyBF, KosaryCL, EdwardsBK, editors. Cancer statistics review 1973–1989. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 1992..
- 8Manual for staging of cancer, 2nd edition. American Joint Committee on Cancer. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1983., , .
- 11Regression models and life tables. J R Stat Assoc. 1972; 5: 568–573..
- 12U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Poverty income guidelines: annual revision. Fed Reg. 1986; 51: 5105–5106.
- 13U.S. Bureau of the Census, editor. 1980 Census of population: alphabetic index of industries and occupation. Washington, DC: U.S. Bureau of the Census, 1980.
- 17Phase III trial of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with invasive bladder cancer treated with selective bladder preservation by combined radiation therapy and chemotherapy: initial results of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 89-03. J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 3576–3583., , , et al.