Fax: (011) (852) 2855-9528
Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients treated with radiotherapy†
Association between satisfaction with information provided and quality of life
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2001
Copyright © 2001 American Cancer Society
Volume 92, Issue 8, pages 2126–2135, 15 October 2001
How to Cite
Yu, C. L. M., Fielding, R., Chan, C. L. W. and Sham, J. S. T. (2001), Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients treated with radiotherapy. Cancer, 92: 2126–2135. doi: 10.1002/cncr.1554
The current study was a collaborative project between the University of Hong Kong, the Hospital Authority, and the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2001
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 2001
- Hong Kong Government Health Services Research Committee
- Mr. Suen Chi-Sun
- 1ParkinDM, WhelanSL, FerlayJ, RaymondL, YoungJ, editors. Cancer incidence in five continents. Volume VII. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1997.
- 2Annual report, Hong Kong Department of Health. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Government Printers, 1998–1999..
- 3Illness trajectory of patients suffering from nasopharyngeal carcinoma [M.S.S. thesis]. Hong Kong: the Univ. of Hong Kong, 1997..
- 5The adjustment process of patients suffering from neoplasm of nasopharynx throughout the course of illness: a panel study in Hong Kong [Ph.D. dissertation]. Hong Kong: the Univ. of Hong Kong, 1995..
- 10Trial-related quality of life: using quality-of-life assessment to distinguish among cancer therapies. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogor 1996; 20: 1–16..
- 11Stress, appraisal and coping. New York: Stringer Publishing Company, Inc., 1984., .
- 17Psychological studies of doctor-patient communication. In: RachmanS, editor. Contributions to medical psychology. Volume 1. Oxford, U.K.: Pergamon Press, 1977: 9–42..
- 18Communicating with patients. London: Chapman and Hall, 1988..
- 25Multivariate data analysis. 5th edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall International Inc., 1998., , , .
- 29Quality from the patient's perspective: developing an instrument to measure patient satisfaction with specialist outpatient services of the Hospital Authority. Final report to the Hospital Authority. Hong Kong: Department of Community Medicine, the University of Hong Kong, 1995., , , , .
- 30A validation of the FACT-G (Chinese version) and an exploration of factors affecting quality of life of Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients treated with radiotherapy [Ph.D. thesis]. Hong Kong: the Univ. of Hong Kong, 2000..
- 31An epidemiologic and clinical study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1978; 4: 183–98..